Hard To Get A Job?

Anyone finding it hard to get hired in the game? I started unemployed and was hired by Gladbach as they were in relegation zone. After two solid seasons I managed to get them into the Champions League, but I got bored so decided to resign. Since then (3/4 of a season) nobody is interested in me at all, other than lower league sides.

Surely this is unrealistic? If a manager took a team from relegation to the CL in two years wouldn't he be wanted by top clubs?

Depends. I took Wrexham to the Premiership in successive seasons via an FA Cup win, (I resigned after we were promoted to the Premiership), during which I was offered the Wolfsburg, Werder Bremen, Leicester, Forest and Arsenal job. After resigning, I dossed about for 3 months before Australia approached me. Spent a year there, qualifying for the WC before resigning to take over Wales U-21s. Australia even offered me my old job back before they hired someone else! I'm always the hot favourite for jobs in the MLS, 1e Bundesliga and Eredivise. And the Ivory Coast have approached me recently too.

But it took me 4 seasons before I was linked to any job at all. Just be patient. Perhaps you need some more consistant success before boards will consider you.

Depends. I took Wrexham to the Premiership in successive seasons via an FA Cup win, (I resigned after we were promoted to the Premiership), during which I was offered the Wolfsburg, Werder Bremen, Leicester, Forest and Arsenal job. After resigning, I dossed about for 3 months before Australia approached me. Spent a year there, qualifying for the WC before resigning to take over Wales U-21s. Australia even offered me my old job back before they hired someone else! I'm always the hot favourite for jobs in the MLS, 1e Bundesliga and Eredivise. And the Ivory Coast have approached me recently too.

But it took me 4 seasons before I was linked to any job at all. Just be patient. Perhaps you need some more consistant success before boards will consider you.

Out of interest what did you have set as your past experience?

Out of interest what did you have set as your past experience?

Regional/Semi-Pro footballer. I started off as Wrexham, and if you're unaware, they're in the Conference, so I've had to earn my recognition. I too thought that it was hard to get jobs because I wasn't linked to any jobs at all until I got Wrexham into the Championship, which took 3 years.

But now, I'm linked to every MLS job, and most middle of the road German and Dutch jobs. Being offered th Arsenal job was a surprise though.

Archived