i see alot of people breezing through seasons how?

Dose it come down to the general setup?

How many playable leagues do they use?

How many viewable leagues do they do

or do they just load a custom Database of players and only load up the league they intend to play in? this is something i always woundered as it takes me weeks to finish a season i see some people finish 5 seasons to my one its crazy.

The less nations you load, playable or view only will affect the speed of the game, usually making it quicker. If you load up less players this can also make it quicker.

I wouldn't worry about what speed everyone else plays. I'm sure a few forum members, only play one game a night or a few games a night as they watch the full game, or most of it so that they can get their tactics working. Others, such as Ackter plays a director of football type managing. Play the game for your own enjoyment :thup:.

The less nations you load, playable or view only will affect the speed of the game, usually making it quicker. If you load up less players this can also make it quicker.

I wouldn't worry about what speed everyone else plays. I'm sure a few forum members, only play one game a night or a few games a night as they watch the full game, or most of it so that they can get their tactics working. Others, such as Ackter plays a director of football type managing. Play the game for your own enjoyment :thup:.

i thank you for that i will be starting my job soon in a few days and will only have 2 hours a night to play so i wanted to get as much done as i can to get the most out of it maybe ill try to load only the nation on in and load up a custom db and see how it works.:thup:

I play play about 3-4 matches which is around 1 hour, i have every club loaded as viewable, with england, germany, italy and spain set to top 3 tiers playable, portugal, netherland, russia and france as top 2 tier playable, turkey, scotland, belgium, serbia, cezch republic and greece just top tier playable.

some choose to holiday through matches, which saves a hell of a lot of time

pretty much defeats the purpose of the game to me... football manager? football hollidayer? to each their own i guess... i probably would have stopped playing long ago if all i did was do transfers.

As mentioned above, I play as director of football. I concentrate on building the squad, set the tactics, help picking the team etc and then holiday through the matches.

I hire assistants to be managers.

At my quickest I can get through 4/5 seasons every day. Holiday everything apart from transfer windows and only watch really important matches. If you get a good assistant manager you can kill all of the competition anyways.

Ackter is my inspiration. :p

You've taken it way further than me ;)

As director of football I:

a) set up and maintain the scouting network

b) identify and acquire targets for the team

c) set a starting formation

d) handle all player and staff contracts

e) manage the squads (who to promote, who to send out on loan etc)

With the team policy I set my assistant to handle everything apart from the contracts.

When it comes to match day, I'll either pick the team, pick some of the team or pick none of the team and then go on holiday for one day.

Oh, and if my assistant suggests a player in the Backroom Staff meeting, I treat that as the manager coming to me for advice on the player, and buy them if I think they're up to it.

I have read that if you holiday dont your assistants get the match win on their record, as well as manager of the month awards etc

They get manager of the month, the yearly awards etc, but the match stats go under your name as far as I can tell.

With the team policy I set my assistant to handle everything apart from the contracts.

When it comes to match day, I'll either pick the team, pick some of the team or pick none of the team and then go on holiday for one day.

Oh, and if my assistant suggests a player in the Backroom Staff meeting, I treat that as the manager coming to me for advice on the player, and buy them if I think they're up to it.

I could never do that, am a control freak :D but does your way work out ok? How good are your assistant managers? I've even taken over control of my yth and reserves to win them leagues at the end of close run in's or if I think my assistant couldn't assist making a brew.

I stick with pretty much one tactic, but cringe at holidaying even for an hour in case I miss something.

I currently have Diego Simone as my 'Manager' (it makes sense seeing as I have 10 Argentinians in my first team :o ) and he's world class.

I stuck with John Carver for about 8 seasons but he wasnt getting as much out of the team as I knew was there (I found myself having to step in on some matches).

I'm going to give this a try. I'm open minded about different ways to play the game. I can see this being fun as the aspect of the game I enjoy most is squad building.

I'm going to give this a try. I'm open minded about different ways to play the game. I can see this being fun as the aspect of the game I enjoy most is squad building.

I do this in one save too. Took over Gloucester in BSN because they had the largest stadium down there, hired new staff and some players and holidayed until 20th june 2012. They ended 2nd and lost in the playoffs. New attempt today while I play Fallout NV on the xbox, waiting for Skyrim :)

I want to see the AI in the long term.

Archived