How is FM12 compared to FM11?

What are the more significant differences between FM12 and FM11? Not the minor visual stuff but things like

Is the ai improved?

Are the regens better? On FM11 all really good players are from africa or argentina. Spain, France, Germany, England etc gets almost nothing which is very annoying.

Are all tactics viable? On FM10 wingers were useless etc. which removed alot from the game imo.

Do long term games work like they should?

And similar stuff...

I haven't picked up FM12 yet because of the really awful drm solution they chose this year. I've been 'boycotting' steam for some time now but if FM12 is really awesome I may have to make an exception. I have gotten kinda bored with FM11 as I've dominated with my Liverpool team filled with african players for 7 seasons and haven't lost for 140+ games.

I'm not really sure whether to start a new game on FM11 or if it's better to get FM12 instead.

Steam is a real pain, that's the only real downside.

Apart from the career mode - great for the long-term game, there are no huge new features, rather everything (or most things) are more polished than FM11. There are a few bugs but not breakers, and few things not moved forwards like press conferences, but most things are just - better.

It's looking like regens are significantly improved, particularly the chances of getting decent ones through your academy. There are suspicions that it's a bit too easy for experienced gamers, which may be tweaked in forthcoming fixes.

On balance, I'm very satisfied with FM12; it has a far better feel than FM11.

Loving FM12, from what I've seen those new to steam seem to be experiencing more issues then those who already had It, and adding leagues and regens appearing older then usual adds an extra element to the game for me. best version yet

Archived