Steam Error

I have the same problem and the workarounds that are mentioned in the official FAQ didn't help. Why do the Steam developers advertise workarounds instead of fixing the problem (which has been around for yeears) anyway? I Know that it is not SI's fault but I'm really annoyed.. I had a free day today and planned to play the game but have been unable to do so the whole day.. sat in front of the computer trying to get a game working that I paid for. Almost a day wasted. I tried all, online/offline mode.. unchecked the "keep game up to date" and then when I start steam in offline mode, it tells me that I can't play the game without downloading the update, again! WTH? The problem is that I am in a student's dorm where my internet connection gets cut if I make too frequent use of it.. and I have been redownloading steam.. the udates.. for nothing... that really sucks. I know it won't change anything but I hope that the people at SI's see that some user's have serious problems with Steam...

EDIT: Now I have "Steam servers are too busy to handle your request" while being in offline-mode... :-S

I think you probably need to do the following whilst online:

- Ensure that you're saving your account creds on the computer.

- Refresh the cache at least twice.

- Restart in offline mode.

You should then be able to run the game offline.

Cheers

Matt

Archived