no build up to my sacking

i got sacked by Liverpool on December 17th of the first season.

i can't complain. after i felt i was finally getting some results i went through a really bad patch and failed to win in 5 games. my main concern was that there was no build up to the sacking. no 'posties job is under threat'. no 'must get a win here or he gets sacked'. they just got rid of me. is this something that's experiences by others here?

i got sacked by Liverpool on December 17th of the first season.

i can't complain. after i felt i was finally getting some results i went through a really bad patch and failed to win in 5 games. my main concern was that there was no build up to the sacking. no 'posties job is under threat'. no 'must get a win here or he gets sacked'. they just got rid of me. is this something that's experiences by others here?

It seems a few people have been sacked by Liverpool, the chairman must be a tough cookie to please.

i see. i wasn't sure whether this was a 'feature' that sometimes happens or if it always happens this way. I personally dont believe that a manager has ever been sacked 'out-of-the-blue' for getting poor results though - and believe me, my results were terrible for the last month before my sacking.

there are always murmurings from fan groups or newspapers when a manager goes through a few poor results.

My first save in charge of Malaga I got sacked, what seemed quite randomly. We had done well in the first season and finsihed 3rd, then the secoond season we struggled to get going from the begining and when we did eventually get going it only took us mid table, the board wanted 4th or higher. Come mid october I lose another game and suddenly I was gone. I then joined Notts county and in my opening press conference I got asked if I felt the sacking was unfair. Which I needless to say told that what I thought.

Dalglish lasted until just after Christmas on my save, Liverpool were 8th at the time. Wenger replaced him (I manage Arsenal) and has them up to 6th in late March.

I feel for ya, but I guess the amount of money Dalglish has spent IRL means there are great expectations at board level.

Dalglish lasted until just after Christmas on my save, Liverpool were 8th at the time. Wenger replaced him (I manage Arsenal) and has them up to 6th in late March.

I feel for ya, but I guess the amount of money Dalglish has spent IRL means there are great expectations at board level.

The problem here could be that by taking over Arsenal you have released a top manager into the wild. I've always wondered if there is a "domino effect" caused when you take over a club from a manager with a good/high reputation.

I'm happy to have a different feel within the game in making it more challenging but Liverpool have been unrealistically made to be somehow a great team within this version. They are not a top 3 team and yet somehow in game you are expected to achieve exactly that.

Clearly the programmer or researcher ws completely biased and for some "unknown" reason it has been allowed since Liverpool appear to be expected to achieve a top position in the EPL, in-game as IRL it won't happen.

No offense but seriously they have bought players for the long-term and not for a knee jerk reaction and I doubt that the current team is better than the team Benitez took to runner-up a few years ago.

Tough on your sacking but you may do better stearing away from Liverpool in-game, give it a few seasons and the expectations will drop and then you can enjoy playing as them.

The problem here could be that by taking over Arsenal you have released a top manager into the wild. I've always wondered if there is a "domino effect" caused when you take over a club from a manager with a good/high reputation.

Many would question that "top manager" description although consider the time spent at the club I agree with your feelings regarding Wenger and for the record I do consider him a top Manager although I'm aware other would tink otherwise.

A wild Wenger appears...

Couldnt help it.

im half way through the 4th season on my game and liverpool are on their third manager in the shape of martin jol after the sackings of dalglish and steve clarke. they have yet to challenge for the top 4 and my aston villa side pasted them twice 3-0 in the league last season. i can only assume that the ammount of money spent along with the reputation of the club due to its history are the reasons why the board expect better than what they can actually achieve.

When I was playing first season as Chelsea I was suddenly sacked after last game of season (lost 2-1 at arsenal) just before I was due to play in champions league final! It's an understatement to say I was gutted. Had finished 4th in league, lost in final of league cup (when all first team unavailable due to international!) and knocked out of fa cup but man it'd in 4th round. Jose came back and duly lost chamions league final......

The OP is right. for such a high profile side as Liverpool you would expect some press / fan murmerings etc.

To balance this the OP says this was somewhat unexpected so no real surprise. Perhaps had the OP been a more high profile manager then the board may have been slightly more forgiving

It is known that Liverpool are particurlarly difficult to manage season 1. I'd take a look at the Liverpool data issues thread as perhaps either season expectations / Board expectations etc may be an issue

Archived