Boardroom Wants Apology !

Has this ever happened to any of you? I Downloaded a file that let me played the German Regionalliga leagues, I took over RB Leipzig since they seem to be a club with great potential and nice nice stadium. After I got them promoted to the 3 Liga I had a announcement that Wenger had left arsenal, and they were taking applications for the Job (Wenger went to barcelona after Guardiola took over the Spain national team) So I said why the hell not apply to it just in case, I kind of knew that I wasn't going to get the job but I did anyway. To my surprise I got a notice from my Boardroom saying how disappointed on me they were, They gave me a choice to either apologize or resign ! to save me the embarrassment of being fired. I thought that was a pretty cool feature I wish I would had taken a screenshot of it. Of course I made an apology and they let me keep the job. I wonder if messing with the supporters attributes had anything to do with this board reaction since it never had happened to me before.

Its been around for a few years, they get upset with you if you apply to any club job. National team jobs though are ok, they do not care if you apply to those.

Even if it's a much bigger club? That seems a bit unfair...what 3rd division Romanian team is going to be upset that their coach is being considered for a job in the Premier league???

ya I thought so too since I think the notice said something about me apologizing to the fans since they were angry. I wish I would have taken a screenshot, like I said I thought it was a new feature, since I been playing the new FM series for a while and haven't gotten that before when I applied to other jobs.

Even if it's a much bigger club? That seems a bit unfair...what 3rd division Romanian team is going to be upset that their coach is being considered for a job in the Premier league???

I suppose it just annoys them that their coach wants out. And they know that you won't get that job so they're just angry with you for being stupid and disloyal.

I always apply for any jobs if I'm dissatisfied so I have a lot of experience with this feature. :)

I got this during my FM11 save. I was hoping to jump ship anyway so when the board gave me the ultimatum I was already one foot out the door and on the plane home. Wasn't jobless long so sometimes it's worth the risk to leave if that is the goal you were hoping to achieve by looking for other positions anyway.

Archived