Biggest Fllps in your FM12 game

I recently finished the Jan 2015 with Naval, a 2nd division who i got promoted in 2012-13 and currently am 6th in the Primeira Liga. I have just been looking through all the transfers over the last 3 and a half years and i saw some interesting flop. I thought it would be fun to share them with you all see some of yours!

• Lucas Piazon (8 million) Sao Paulo => Chelsea This wonderkid sign by chelsea in Jan 2011, precede to do nothing for the next 2 years, luckily i was a feeder club for chelsea and manage to receive him for on loan for the 2013-2014 season and he grew into one of my first team players, got him to 3.8 million + 800k bonus on 2014 and hes been one of my best players. (8 goals and 6 assists in 22 appearences) Flop for Chelsea, great for Naval!
  • Neymar (128 million) Chelsea => Barcelona My god! 128 million! Chelsea signed him in 2012 for 50 million, Neymar set the EPL and CL on fire with 37 goals and 19 assists, resulted in the insane transfer barcelona, however Neymars avg rating for the next 2 seasons were 6.89 and 7.08 in 47 appearences.
  • G Rossi (45 million) Villarreal to Man City 2 games after transfer, got a 12 month injury, played mostly in reserve after that.
  • Meireles (20 million) Chelsea to Zenit, 6.56, 6.48 and 6.71 for next 3 seasons, enough said.
  • Pato (58 million) Milan to Man city, could not get any games since City got aguero, cavani and a insane regen as strikers. (14 appearences in 2 seasons)
  • Diego (A regen) (18 million) Naval => Bayern A great defender regen from my very own Naval, signed for bayern in 2014, yet to make a league appearence.
  • Ganso (89 million) Signed by chelsea, tore apart EPL and won CL, Barcelona caming in (sound familiar?) Ganso precedes to play terribly, 5 goals and 2 assists in 2 seasons.
  • Marko Marin (22 million) Bremen => Juve The pacy winger was one of the stars on german league, transfered to juve in 2013, played badly, never avg over 6.6 since.

Im sure i missed many, because lesson from my FM12 save, never buy star players from chelsea!

ganso is tearing it up for man city in my save.

rossi is being offered to me frequently, but is playing decently.

meireles is being loaned out to a russian club from chelsea.

i bought neymar, and he is the best thing ever for me. 2 seasons, 63 apps, 30 goals, 24 assis, 7.4 avg rating, wins young player of the month every month he doesn't win player of the month. reason his goals are lower is because i'm playing him as either AML or AMC, he creates a ton of chances for me.

just as a comparison.

ganso is tearing it up for man city in my save.

rossi is being offered to me frequently, but is playing decently.

meireles is being loaned out to a russian club from chelsea.

i bought neymar, and he is the best thing ever for me. 2 seasons, 63 apps, 30 goals, 24 assis, 7.4 avg rating, wins young player of the month every month he doesn't win player of the month. reason his goals are lower is because i'm playing him as either AML or AMC, he creates a ton of chances for me.

just as a comparison.

Which club are you? and also what season are you at? Another flop in my saves was Milan signing Adebayor for 12 million when hes was 30, scored 2 goals in first season.

Just having a look on my save(holidayed to 2022, then took over a Newcastle team full of top class talent, but having a bad season)

Lucas Piazon went to Chelsea, played 3 games for them plus a few loan spells, before going for free to Hertha BSC, where after 4 seasons he earned a move to Man City, where he's played a reasonable part, but is currently in the reserves.

Torres stayed at Chelsea till 2016, making only 57 appearances and only managing 15 goals, but did enjoy a resurgence in the twilight of his career, getting 23 goals in 41 games at RAcing Club. Then went to Mallorca and only managed 2 in 17.

Alex Witsel made 14 appearances for Man Utd over a season and a half, after signing for 21 million, was shipped off for only 14 million after a dreadful spell. At Atletico Madrid he had mixed fortunes, never being a regular, even though he stayed for 8 years.

Had a shock looking through the old transfer deals. Came across Chelsea selling Ganso to West Brom on a free in 2019...I thought that would be when Ganso would be at his best! Turns out it was a young English-Brazilian goalkeeper, not a bad young player(now at Sunderland aged 22, worth £3.9million, but not the Ganso I was thinking of!)

Interesting how everyones game went very differently, torres have been getting 20+ goals for season for the last 3 seasons, been injured for 4 month in the currently season but Sturridge has been playing well, 12 goals in 19 apps. Also it looks i will be loosing piazon to chelsea, since chelsea manager have shown interest in getting piazon back (after seeing piazon playing well for Naval, currebntly at 11 goals and 10 assists in 29 apps), along with the fact that there is a 10 m buy back clause, but i dont seen him playing much in chelsea.

Another (potential) flop i spotted was man u getting vaclav kadlec for 21m (89k/week wages) from spurs in jan 2015, its march now and hes has not scored in 11 appearences.

Archived