Some questions on effect of facilities and youth intake description

Could some experts explain to me these concepts please?

From what I guess:

- Corporate Facilities: to attract staff. What are the levels? Average/Extensive/?/?

- Training facilities: train your 1st team faster? What are the levels?

- Youth facilities: train your youth team faster? Its levels?

- Junior coaching: seems to be new in FM12.. what is this and its effect?

- Youth recruitment: more chance to produce good youth intake? Is well-established the best? What are the levels? How about state of the art?

For youth intake: description of a youth player, what are they and how do they relate to CA/PA etc: one of the best in his generation/best youth coming out of the youth ranks in years/one of the better player/something else I don't remember...

Help is much appreciated!

Could some experts explain to me these concepts please?

From what I guess:

- Corporate Facilities: to attract staff. What are the levels? Average/Extensive/?/?

- Training facilities: train your 1st team faster? What are the levels?

- Youth facilities: train your youth team faster? Its levels?

- Junior coaching: seems to be new in FM12.. what is this and its effect?

- Youth recruitment: more chance to produce good youth intake? Is well-established the best? What are the levels? How about state of the art?

For youth intake: description of a youth player, what are they and how do they relate to CA/PA etc: one of the best in his generation/best youth coming out of the youth ranks in years/one of the better player/something else I don't remember...

Help is much appreciated!

Corporate facilities = boxes for VIPs - raises income.

Youth recruitment means how far your scouting under 16s stretch. The better you have (extensive is best) the higher the chance of finding high quality regens for your academy.

Junior coaching (best is excellent) affects how well those under-16 youths have been trained before they came to your academy.

So between them, these 2 categories affect the quality of the kids that come to your academy.

Once they are there, your youth facilities affect how well they develop at your club, in conjunction with your decisions as a manager and the quality of the coaches.

Training facilities are used by all players on a full-time or part-time (i.e. not youth) contract.

From what you're saying - I guess Junior Coaching primarily affects the CA level of the youth intake?

Yes, you could say extensive youth recruitment finds kids with higher PA, and excellent junior coaching improves their CA. Nice combination if you can get it!

Mind you my outstanding prospect was doing great in the first team and promptly got nicked by a Championship club for a paltry £35K. EPPP strikes early :(

Yes, you could say extensive youth recruitment finds kids with higher PA, and excellent junior coaching improves their CA. Nice combination if you can get it!

Mind you my outstanding prospect was doing great in the first team and promptly got nicked by a Championship club for a paltry £35K. EPPP strikes early :(

It's basically this.

Training facilities: The better the training facilities, the faster players in the first team will grow while at the club.

Youth facilities: The better the youth facilities, the faster players in the youth team will grow while at the club.

Junior coaching: How your youths are trained before joining; in practice, this means that the better your junior coaching, the higher the starting CA of your youth players.

Youth recruitment: How far your club's net is cast over the world; in practice, this means that the better your youth recruitment, the higher the starting PA of your youth players.

Training and youth facilities can be upgraded to the maximum at any club in the world, provided the board continously approves requests to upgrade them. So too can junior coaching. Youth recruitment, however, is limited for different clubs and different reputations. For instance, a high reputation club in England can upgrade to the highest level of youth recruitment. A low reputation club in England can also upgrade to the highest level of youth recruitment too, but only as their reputation improves.

A high reputation club in somewhere like Singapore, though, can never have a youth recruitment level that matches that of the big English club, even if its reputation were raised to the same level as Manchester United. This is simply because smaller countries have a limit on their talent base; even though they might have a really big club in the league that rivals a big club in Europe, that doesn't change the fact that their youth team cannot attract the quality of youth seen in the big European club due to the natural limitations of the country and continent.

At least, that's what I'm given to understand.

Thanks all for your answer. What about the description of a youth player?

"For youth intake: description of a youth player, what are they and how do they relate to CA/PA etc: one of the best in his generation/best youth coming out of the youth ranks in years/one of the better player/something else I don't remember..."

Best of his generation I've found to be with a PA of 176+

Best yth in years I'd hazard a guess that's anywhere between 156-175

One of the better players...PA between 120-155

Of course these are all guesses based off of FM11 as I haven't got round to gettin youth through on 2012 yet

• 4 weeks later...

Archived