Feature request: Ability of become a manager of secondary and youth team for clubs

You can manage Spanish B sides, though my experience of it from FM11 was that it is poorly implemented, I had the first team squad steal virtually my entire squad just before a match when most of their players were called up for international duty. Not sure if it's been changed for FM12.

You can manage Spanish B sides, though my experience of it from FM11 was that it is poorly implemented, I had the first team squad steal virtually my entire squad just before a match when most of their players were called up for international duty. Not sure if it's been changed for FM12.

Wouldn't that be a problem with international clashes, though, rather than B sides?

There's nothing wrong with the first-team manager nicking your "best" players as the thing that really matters is first-team performances. Having your players "stolen" is to be expected. Your job as a "reserves" manager would be to bring players through.

This would be a nifty feature simply because results matter less and the real management comes from bringing players through. Your expectations are less likely to "win promotion" but to "get one of our young promising strikers to score at least 10 goals in the B team this season" or "attract buyers for dead wood players X, Y and Z".

They didn't even have a game, they just took the players to fill out the squad, their other players would have been back for their next game.

Why you dont like it? It is realistic IMHO. Your main job is to prepere top young players for promotion to sinior squad, thats it. I like this kind of start of career.

I don't think you understand. The day before a second division league match the first team squad took all but one of my players into their squad to cover the fact virtually the entire first team squad was on international duty. They didnt have a match. I did and was left with one player and the rest grays.

There were also some eligibilty issues I couldn't work out, despite doing a lot of research. Players set as being on loan from the main squad that I couldn't register.

Archived