Job offers

Just finished season 3 with Colwyn Bay.

1st season: promoted to BSP

2nd season: promoted to League 2 and won FA Trophy

3rd season: finished 20th and lost in first round of every cup

I was pretty happy with this progress but really surprised when 2 championship clubs and a prem club were linked with me in the media.

That was nothing compared to my shock when Norwich (by now an established mid table Prem team) approached me with a job offer!

To top it off this is the only job offer I've had. No league 1/championship teams have made an offer.

Any else had something like this?

Odd that. What is your starting reputation?

In my career game I started off at Bodo Glimt in the Norwegian Adeccoligaen and won it by a mile, didn't even start the next season as then Derby County offered me a job which I took and helped them to move from 17th and finish 8th.

On reflection not so odd as I started out as and ex pro so maybe that's why I was offered the job.

I had jumped from BSP Stalybridge to L1 Bournemouth. I was being constantly linked to championship clubs and had jacked after Stalybridge appeared to go nowhere and Bournemouth approached me quickly. Never had an offer from Premier league clubs until I established Bournemouth in Championship though. What was your starting rep and rep while offered the job btw? Winning a cup gives a major boost in rep imo.

Archived