Question on young stars in the first team and international obligations..

Here's the situation, I have Yaya Sanogo playing well, leading the goal scoring charts for both my team and the league, and I'm about to play the bottom team...

Only I can't select him, because he's off playing U-21 qualifiers. I didn't see the option to remove him from the squad, so it's just something I have to deal with, and it's a useful opportunity to blood another youngster in his place, but...

I had trouble thinking of real life situations like this, I'm an Australian, so I can't remember how Rooney was handled when he first hit the heights so to speak, or how Walcott/Wilshere etc have been handled. I know that clubs like Inter and Shahktar had Coutinho and Alan Patrick playing at the U20 World Cup earlier this year, but I couldn't remember how it "usually" worked.

I've been moaning about this for many versions. Seems it must be difficult to sort.

I lost half my team recently for a French League and Champions League group game in November to u21/u20/u19 internationals. Competitive international youth games or not...that wouldn't happen.

I raised it as a bug again, but am not holding my breath.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/283007-Players-away-on-U21-duty-during-Champions-League-and-League-match

In an older FM it happened to me for a Europa League final. :(

Archived