Non-contracts

Thanks, i've tried that but can't still offer anything else than part-time contract, i suppose they aren't avaliable on every league.

I'm managing on the portuguese second division B (third tier) where all the teams are semi-professional with a couple of exceptions.

hmmm try offering a contract that is not key player then change it from part time

Yes, if you set the squad status to "Key player" or "First team" then you can only offer a part time contract.

If you set the squad status as "Rotational" or "Backup" then it will only allow you to have a non contract

Yes, if you set the squad status to "Key player" or "First team" then you can only offer a part time contract.

If you set the squad status as "Rotational" or "Backup" then it will only allow you to have a non contract

Yes - in the Blue Square North. It doesn't work quite like that in the Portuguese Second Division. The contract types in PSD have been set as follows in the editor:

Key player & First Team: F/T

Rotation & Backup: P/T

Hot Prospect: Youth

Youngster: N/C

Concerning N/C, it is strange that I don't seem able to offer any player a N/C - unless I am the manager of one of the two clubs at this level with professional operating status: Varzim and Fatima. These two clubs seem to be able to offer the full range of contracts listed above (like it should be), while managing a semi-professional club the option of offering a N/C doesn't show. Anyone else noticed this?

What is even worse, is this well-known bug: as a manager of a semi-professional club having both F/T and P/T players in the squad, one is not able to offer any of the F/T players new F/T contracts (or offer F/T contract to any P/T players - which although frowned upon by a few people, surely is possible within sensible economical frames sanctioned by the board. How did the clubs in question otherwise go from once having only P/T players to as of today having F/T and P/T contracts?). The consequences are grotesque and makes the league unplayable. I would describe the situation as untenable when one sees the situation in a club like Chaves, a semi-professional club in Portuguese Sec. Div. North. They will not be able to renew the F/T contracts of any of their 19 F/T players. Sure, they have debt, so maybe it could be wise to reduce the wages, but clearly one is in this case not forced to revert to P/T contracts because of a board decision (which would be perfectly fine), but a flaw in the program (which should not be the case). The situation is of course the very same in clubs like Pinhalnovense, Espinho, just to name a few.

I don't know what the empirical status of N/C in Portuguese lower leagues are, but it is indeed strange that it is listed as the favoured contract type for Youngsters, and still one is not able to offer it unless one is one of the two professional clubs (at least so it seemed to me when experimenting). Concerning F/T, it remains a bug which remains to be solved. Not all clubs in this division should of course be able to offer F/T (nor do such clubs have any current players with such contracts), but there are clubs who are able (due to what the board has allowed), and their flexibility regarding contract types is not reflected in the game.

New attempt with Dezembro 1.?

Trying a different team now(Estrela Vendas Novas), i got 1º Dezembro to Orangina on my first season but couldn't prevent relegation and gave up on it.

I think i got promoted too fast, i couldn't get any loans on Orangina(reputation was too low i guess) and i had a really small budget (16k/month) and the wage demands for full-time contracts were just too much so i had a really weak squad but then again if you stay on the Second Division B you just keep losing money no matter how hard you try.

Even though i'm enjoying FM, this contract bug and the scouting bug are somewhat detrimental for playing in the lower leagues, hopefully they'll be fixed soon.

Trying a different team now(Estrela Vendas Novas), i got 1º Dezembro to Orangina on my first season but couldn't prevent relegation and gave up on it.

I think i got promoted too fast, i couldn't get any loans on Orangina(reputation was too low i guess) and i had a really small budget (16k/month) and the wage demands for full-time contracts were just too much so i had a really weak squad but then again if you stay on the Second Division B you just keep losing money no matter how hard you try.

I see. You could need some N/C or even Amtateur contracts. One would maybe even expect these types of contracts at such a low level instead of having only P/T contracts, but these other contract types don't seem to be common according to the Portuguese head researchers. Which we must presume is correct?

I see. You could need some N/C or even Amtateur contracts. One would maybe even expect these types of contracts at such a low level instead of having only P/T contracts, but these other contract types don't seem to be common according to the Portuguese head researchers. Which we must presume is correct?

I think they must be, to be honest i don't really follow lower league football all that much IRL so i don't know how the contracts are but since the only top two tiers are the professional ones i would assume it's correct.

I doubt anyway that teams like Fatima are spending 600k/year on wages IRL, there's no way they get revenue on that level to sustain that wage bill

I've also noticed that i can't rest multiple players on the same selection if they have different types of contract.

Archived