Steam - This game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time.

Great :( gotta go through all this steam stuff now to get to the bottom of it. This is exactly why people have the problem with using steam. I have no idea about any stuff like this and just want to play a game which I purchased legally.

Exit Steam and delete everything under the Steam installation directory except Steam.exe, the ClientRegistryOld.blob, and the \SteamApps folder - this will force Steam to update when you log in

Anyone know what exactly the Steam installation directory is? I don't to delete the wrong folder..

For anyone with the same problem - I found this via google -

After Right Clicking on the game title under the Games list,

then go to Properties,

then to the 'Local Files' tab, and choose to 'Verify the integrity of game cache'.

Quad, it genuinely is a small number of users, if it was widespread there would be a much larger proportion of Bug threads around both this and the steam forum, however there are not and it is a minority of users. I will politely ask you to stop trolling steam threads (as looking at your posting history you haven't posted a lot else). thankyou.

I would safelt say it would be a 5% of the FM12 players if that that was having this problem, almost confident in going as low as 3-4% actually. They are certainly in the manority, but a manority who would get smaller if they followed the help ideas instead of having a sook and giving up before even trying to fix it.

So how do you fix the issue when the below happens

you click on steam - this then says steam is unavailable. You then get the option to launch this in offline mode. When you click on this you then get an error message saying there is a problem with your internet connection so steam cant launch.

There isnt a problem with my internet connection and what should that matter because I am trying to launch it in offline mode, i thought the whole point of offline mode is that you didnt need an internet connection.

its starting to get beyond a joke.

I would safelt say it would be a 5% of the FM12 players if that that was having this problem, almost confident in going as low as 3-4% actually. They are certainly in the manority, but a manority who would get smaller if they followed the help ideas instead of having a sook and giving up before even trying to fix it.

How on earth can you make such confident estimates at the number of people it is effecting? Judging by the number of posts on here (even after they get deleted or locked by the mods) there is quite a large number of people with problems.

How on earth can you make such confident estimates at the number of people it is effecting? Judging by the number of posts on here (even after they get deleted or locked by the mods) there is quite a large number of people with problems.

bigturnip, bearing in mind the number of people who post on the forum is a small fraction of all users as well. And the fact that there are the same few names in most of the threads ;)

I see about 30 people with problems here. I see about 45-55k on FM12 at any given time. Wouldn't really consider that "quite a large number."

I see about 30 people with problems here. I see about 45-55k on FM12 at any given time. Wouldn't really consider that "quite a large number."

There's a bunch of people out there having problems who never find this forum, and a bunch of people out there that have thrown the game in the bin out of frustration...

Threads on this forum do not represent every single person who is having a problem.

There's a bunch of people out there having problems who never find this forum, and a bunch of people out there that have thrown the game in the bin out of frustration...

Threads on this forum do not represent every single person who is having a problem.

I didn't say there wasn't, but it's still an extremely minimal number.

I didn't say there wasn't, but it's still an extremely minimal number.

74% of all statistics are made up. :) Do you have an inside line to Steam Support, with exact numbers of people having issues with Football Manager?

74% of all statistics are made up. :) Do you have an inside line to Steam Support, with exact numbers of people having issues with Football Manager?

Maybe I do :). But it's not hard to find either the Steam forums or these if you are in fact having trouble. I see few people having problems in either.

Who is actually making things up in this thread?

It was more the second part of the post, where you asked if he has an inside line to Steam. Do you have a little black book with names and numbers of all these people who can't find the forum and bin the game?

Archived