Loosing goals from set pieces

hey guys! I have quite a problem with this new team is started to manage. 6 out of 10 goals that I loose are from set pieces( usually cross+header=goal).

It never happened to me before and I don't know what to do. I tried different things with the defence set-up but nothing seems to work. Any ideas ? Thanks in advance

i was half joking about conceding less corners. even if you only concede two or three they will probably score one. seriously. there is nothing you can do. it is a known bug and SI can't seem to get the fundamentals right so they ignore it!!!

It's ridiculous. I'm sure if you ran a soak test the amount scored from set pieces would be about right, but if you actually watch the games, the amount of chances created from set pieces is absurd. Defenders don't mark on the 3D and keepers have no presence in their six yard box, so you see countless goals scored from a yard out.

I guess the only consolation is you score a bunch too, but it remains one of the biggest 'game-breakers' for me.

D R : Mark Small Player

D CR: Mark Tall Player

D CL: Mark Tall Player

D L: Mark Small Player

DM CR: Man Mark

DM CL: Man Mark

AM R: Mark Far Post

AM L: Mark Near Post

S CR: Go Back

S CL: Edge of Area

That is my setup and I concede very few corners. If the full backs are tall and strong, they could be set to marking tall players instead. The left striker is the fastest one and the right the tallest one - every point in Jumping/Pace counts. The one player set to Go Back is often loitering quite centrally in front of goal and I often see that it is him that clears away corners that don't go to the near or far post. Two or more on Go Back and it doesn't work like that. Midfielders that are good in the air (Fellaini comes to mind) should also be set to Mark Tall Players... basically as many as possible marking tall players, except one at each post, one Go Back and one at the Edge of Area.

Archived