match preperation 30%!?

Is there a way (without taking control of under 18's/reserve to stop them using 30% of there training on match preperation? Because at that level they hardley need it and need training far more. I did control both and change it to 10% but when i 'uncontrolled' it it went back to 30%. Training should be everyone's main priority with youth, along with getting match practice.

I've complained about this on two threads; it's illogical that the U18s must follow the first team's match prep, but that's how it's set up. I'd rather that 30% was put into their long-term development myself. The only way to reduce it is to reduce the match prep for first team, unfortunately.

i have had match prep reduced in 1st team but when i look at reserve/under 18 players training it say's it's on 30% when my 1st team is on 10%. I wouldnt mind if i could get them all the same. selecing my reserve or u18 to keep tactic in team policy do'nt work either.

think iv got it sussed. i took control of reserve/u18, made a tactic an adjusted match prep, then unselected take control and keep tactic and it stayed! so from what i can gather you have to actually make a tactic/slect 1st team tact for it to work.

think iv got it sussed. i took control of reserve/u18, made a tactic an adjusted match prep, then unselected take control and keep tactic and it stayed! so from what i can gather you have to actually make a tactic/slect 1st team tact for it to work.

Works for me, thanks for that! Phnom, I just set up the same tactic for my first team for the u-19s, then unselected take control and ticked "Use same tactic". Not sure if it really needs to be the same tactic, but I had it saved anyway.

I been using these but after a short time (2 weeks i think) it resets and gets back to 30%, so you need to be constantly changing this...

good find.

Lucas95 is right - it's not a fix. I'm going to try something - untick the use same tactic box AND use FMRTE to make my assman's preferred formations the same as my first team trained ones so that he'll use the same formations anyway.

Bah! I can confirm that even doing this and setting my first team squad to NO match prep, the youths are still wasting 30% - it just resets. Looks like the only way around it is to directly control the reserves and youth matches - way way too time-consuming. Very bad bug! :mad::(

This needs to be fixed. It's annoying, illogical and blatant oversight, but it was the same (at least for reserves, my U18s were crap anyway) in FM 2011. Where is the QA team when you need it?

Really? That would explain a lot about the lack of youth development at my club.

Post it in the bugs forum so they can tell you it's a known issue and they're looking into it for next year. ;)

Really? That would explain a lot about the lack of youth development at my club.

Post it in the bugs forum so they can tell you it's a known issue and they're looking into it for next year. ;)

I already have done. The QA guy Lucas wants savegames, but I've used FMRTE which makes my file useless, so if anyone else has, go there:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/278952-Match-Preparation-for-Youth-Players

Archived