John Terry retired at the end of second season?

Just wondering whether this is normal? I believe he's only 32 years old?

Serious injury seems to have been tweaked this year to cause significant drops in attributes of players, probably most pronounced in those with low natural fitness. I saw a screenshot of Robin van Persie on here a week or so ago looking like a Championship player after an injury left him out for months. My guess is something similar must have happened with Terry which forced him to retire early.

In fairness, Nesta is 35 though. That sort of retirement is feasible.

Yes I agree it's feasible but in my point of view not logical. He was still my first choice cb with Thiago Silva. During his last season he got injured for 2 months in november but he recovered well. His attributes didn't drop much. And still he decided to retire "due to his injury problems"...doesn't sound very logical does it? I could understand if he would retire for personal reasons.

I could be barking up the wrong tree here but could be that Chelsea and Liverpool weren't offering Terry and Gerrard new contracts? It might then follow that these players would rather retire than play for anyone else.

Yes I agree it's feasible but in my point of view not logical. He was still my first choice cb with Thiago Silva. During his last season he got injured for 2 months in november but he recovered well. His attributes didn't drop much. And still he decided to retire "due to his injury problems"...doesn't sound very logical does it? I could understand if he would retire for personal reasons.

Ah, I assumed it was just a normal retirement. The injury reason does seem a little odd.

Archived