Best game start up settings?

Hi all

I am contemplating buying FM12 and starting another long term save. I'm currently in 2038 with Histon on FM10 and despite playing with a large database and 25 countries and 1-3 leagues in each, I'm a little bored with the regens coming through. Perhaps it is because I am now the best team in the world, but I very rarely see any player worth signing from a number of the countries, i.e. Belgium, Poland, Portugal, South Korea or any Scandinavia.

So I wondered, before starting a new game, what set-up people used to get the best level of regens from all leagues. I don't want to load up a number of, for example, African leagues to find that no player ever comes through of a decent standard.

Perhaps the new add/remove league means it is less important to get your decision right at the start - but I'd like to have as deep a playing experience as I can.

I have read that having leagues as viewable only is rather pointless - but how about custom settings? I believe you can force the game to load players from an area even if you don't have leagues running there? Or have I got that totally wrong.

Very interested in those who like to start small and build a career into world beaters to see how they set up the game.

Cheers

Paul

You can as you say use the Add/Remove leagues feature. I did the same in mine and started in Norway and now I have a job in the Championship with Derby I'm removing Norway when the season there ends.

I also like to add players before I start a game from either all internationals or all top division clubs from say South America or just Brazil and Argentina then you get more players that way.

The same goes for the other continents. The game tells you how many players you're wanting to add into the game and the speed so then you can decide if it's worth it or not.

Archived