Whats the point in affiliated clubs when platyers wont come

Im with Plymouth in League 1 and organised an affialtiation with Liverpool, played them in a friendly as arranged in the affiliation and drew 1-1:). But also aprart from friendlies Liverpool will send players on loan to me. They havent, if I go to try amnd loan one of there players even 18 yr olds they dont want to come:mad:

I know what you mean. I'm Welling in the Conference Premier and one of the first things I did when I took over was ask for a parent club. I was given Sheffield Wednesday. I've had that link for over a season now and not had one loan player from them. They don't send any and when I get my assistant to do a loan report, he says there are none available. Huh?!

There is actually no point to affiliations aside from financial ones these days. Affiliates are only useful if you're a small club and need to rely on loans, but as a small club nobody ever comes to you from the parent club, then when your rep raises enough for them to accept the partnership gets cancelled because you're in the same league now.

Such a stupid feature.

Always try to get parent clubs/feeder clubs no more then 2 levels above or below you. Otherwise very few players going either way will want to go out on loan. Pay attention to them year to year too, especially if they are promoted or relegated. If they do, try to find another.

Archived