Youth Intake has had a strange effect on me...

And no, i'm not rubbing my hands along my thighs at the prospect of a bunch of young men running around in football shorts!!

So, I started a save unemployed, running the big european leagues, and went on holiday, waiting to be offered a job.

Around November, a few job offers arrived in my inbox, from teams such as Southampton, Hull & Stade Rennais in France.

Having looked at the various squads etc, I opted for Stade Rennais, due to their participation in the Euro League. They were 4th bottom in the French 1st division.

I was treating this as an introduction into the game world, with the plan to move onto a bigger team after maybe 2 seasons. So I started hiring staff and changing the tactics, to try and get the team up the table, and build my profile in the game.

By Feb/March, everything was going to plan; team was up to 10th in the league, into the final of the French League Cup, and through the first knock-out round of the EuroCup.

Then the youth intake news item popped up, the first time I'd experienced it. I started to look through the candidates, and there were 4 or 5 real prospects, all 14 or 15 years old. Like, REAL prospects. I offered them contracts straight away, and now, I want to see them develop at the club. I want to stick around and help them become first team players. My first set of "Fergie's Fledglings" so-to-speak!!

For me, for whatever reason, this version of the game has just stepped up a level. :thup:

I've spent the last 8 seasons fighting with my chairman trying to get my youth intake improved, but he rather idiotically won every time.

Luckily, he sells up in 2023 and my new chairman is giving me everything I want :cool:

Not one youth player has made it into my first team yet because of that damn chairman.

I've spent the last 8 seasons fighting with my chairman trying to get my youth intake improved, but he rather idiotically won every time.

Luckily, he sells up in 2023 and my new chairman is giving me everything I want :cool:

Not one youth player has made it into my first team yet because of that damn chairman.

You're already in 2023? Crikey!

I got a couple of great looking youngsters at Crewe. have had their debuts at 16 due to well being financially shafted and them coming through in positions needed. I don't tend to play them that early but needs must they must be doing ok tho West ham being trying to nick them.

To anyone looking in France, Rennes and Auxerre have "ridiculous" youth prospects for their respective club sizes, I had a scout in france when the youth intake there hit and within 2 weeks he was telling me i needed to sign 5-6 teenagers from each, so i trawled through both teams youth and there were definitely 2-3 in each intake that were going to be stars.

Seule - very true. I am into season 3 in my fm12 saved game and I see fantastic DMC/MC French newgens with amazing attributes. I have seen 4 in the previous 2 Youth Inductions, I've bought 2 of them. Getting a bit out of hand I think.

I said to myself I'd go straight to bed after the game I'm watching atm but I've just realized I'm approaching March in a few days so I've decided to stay on and get that youth intake :p

Absaloutely love seeing what I get! Hopefully a few Dutch technical superstars pop out in this first year with Twente :cool:

I have to admit, this version is tops when it comes to new regens. I would never have gotten such greats youth prospects with Inter in previous FMs but this year's version I have at least 3-4 good youth prospects coming into the youth team. And I am still able to poach other young stars from different clubs to fill my youth team.

You need extensive youth recruitment and excellent junior coaching - they are the facilities that bring the great prospects to your academy.

At Liverpool I've got the best of everything. The best I've got so far I would rate a 6/10 personally

Archived