Unusual News Stories

Curious to know if anyone's had any uncommon news stories in any of the FM games. I encountered one recently in FM11 - I've been playing this game for a year and had no idea this particular news story even existed. For context, this was a heavily edited network game between me and a friend where we made up our own teams, drafted a squad of 26 players, and put them in the German league to see who could do the best. The only stipulation was that every single player we drafted (or ever bought) had to be at most 21 years old. When we eventually got bored of the save and decided to move onto a new one, I was still curious to see how my squad turned out so I went on holiday for a couple of years, stopping every now and then to check the news - but I forgot to untick the box saying "use current selection where possible" and ended up with a ton of unhappy players. Evidently, Mario Balotelli was the most unhappy, as shown by this delightful news item:

balotellifail.png

Has anyone else had any strange news stories like that, ones that in a normal playthrough you just wouldn't encounter?

I've had that story many times. Generally the ratio is always 12% Yes, 86% No and 2% Undecided. But on one game where I was experimenting with formations one guy received a ratio of 92% Yes, 4% No and 4% Undecided. That is a lot rarer as in my playthroughs I've only seen the fans side with the player once.

Archived