I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I'm sure I'll get told if it isn't!

I've been using FMM 2.24 for quite a while now and only recently (today), it kept coming up with "memory address" errors and message boxes whenever I moved my mouse. I uninstalled it and have now installed FMM2.25 and have had a problem.

I click on Load, as usual and when i type in a name (e.g. Arsenal), click on Arsenal (rather than the other two) it appears on the list. Then when I double click it (to load the data), at the bottom (in the status bar thingy) it says: "Read data error.(ID:1073)".

What's wrong? Why did it work before and now suddenly stops (even on a different version)? How can I get it working again?

(I'm using XP and FM 8.02 Updated)

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I'm sure I'll get told if it isn't!

I've been using FMM 2.24 for quite a while now and only recently (today), it kept coming up with "memory address" errors and message boxes whenever I moved my mouse. I uninstalled it and have now installed FMM2.25 and have had a problem.

I click on Load, as usual and when i type in a name (e.g. Arsenal), click on Arsenal (rather than the other two) it appears on the list. Then when I double click it (to load the data), at the bottom (in the status bar thingy) it says: "Read data error.(ID:1073)".

What's wrong? Why did it work before and now suddenly stops (even on a different version)? How can I get it working again?

(I'm using XP and FM 8.02 Updated)

Thanks in advance.

I don't really expect this to help you, but sometimes I have a problem with memory stuff as well and it helps when I quit the game (not just "Load" game from within, but "Quit") and start it again.

I can't really figure out from your post if you had the game open while you fiddled with the FMM re-installation..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by madog308:

FFM2.25 doesnt work with patch 8.02, dont know why 2.24 works </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah it does. i installed it a few days ago, got the same error, went back to the download page and there was the answer.

there's 8.0.2 & 8.0.2 Updated. whichever patch you've got, set it in options (click the triangle in the top right of the window) like Skunner said.

I installed it when I had FM running, but have uninstalled it and reinstalled it without FM running. I auto-detects the version as 8.02 Updated but this just causes it to say: Read data error.(ID:1073).

If I manually set it to 8.02 then it comes up with error boxes galore and you can't even move the mouse without one appearing.

As far as my understanding of my version of FM goes, I installed the update the on Valentine's Day. Is this still the most recent update? (I haven't installed anything since)

Thanks, the edge, I'll also ask on that board!

I can't see why it would suddenly go wrong though.

Okay, It syas on the Editors' Forum that FMM2.25 is for the updated FM8.02, which I don't have.

I've gone back to FMM2.24 even though the message boxes are hugely irritating. (You can still heal the team - which is what I use it for the most).

Thanks for the help anyway people! icon_smile.gif

Archived