Idea for unemployed managers

I have currently been manager of liverpool for about 8 seasons and have resigned, I have been going on holiday and setting the apply for jobs options because in the past when not going on holiday I have missed jobs due to the game processing etc.

WOuldnt it make sense that when you are unemployed to have some options to automatically apply for jobs whether or not you are actually on holiday?

Only thing i didn't like about starting unemployed was that when i started a career game in fm12 as a sunday league player, it automatically gave me national reputation when i started my game. I would like for it to remain on the lowest reputation possible so i can build it up. I wonder if it's designed that way to help you land a job or something.

I'd like for the 'apply for ___ jobs' to be more specific when you're unemployed.

I am managing in the BSP but have been receiving interest from L2 and L1 teams, they haven't approached me because they don't want to pay the compensation. I resigned and went on holiday but wasn't sure which option to pick. I went for 'apply for all jobs' but then it always seems to be a BSN/BSS club and I'm not interested. 'Apply for job in lower league', what does that mean? They need to be more specific and even maybe 'Apply for jobs in L1', 'Apply for jobs in Championship' and so on.

Just my five cents.

I would like to see the holiday options expanded, currently I have to set what standard/reputation of club should be applied for but as I have every league loaded the list of potential clubs can be rather large & cover a wide range of standards.

What I would propose is a system that works much like a recruitment agencies job search page, before I go on holiday provide me with a check-box system where I select what countries I am interested in working in & then a second menu to enable to include/exclude divisions within that nation.

As the OP said when not on holiday the game can process too far between breaks which can mean missing certain jobs & for me this also needs to be looked at by SI.

I would like to see the holiday options expanded, currently I have to set what standard/reputation of club should be applied for but as I have every league loaded the list of potential clubs can be rather large & cover a wide range of standards.

What I would propose is a system that works much like a recruitment agencies job search page, before I go on holiday provide me with a check-box system where I select what countries I am interested in working in & then a second menu to enable to include/exclude divisions within that nation.

As the OP said when not on holiday the game can process too far between breaks which can mean missing certain jobs & for me this also needs to be looked at by SI.

Sounds like a very good idea, would make being unemployed a lot easier and would ensure you didn't miss jobs or kept getting offered jobs you have no interest in.

Archived