FM2012, mediocre players way too expensive

Ozi

Actually, for pretty much players with around say 154 PA, their clubs won't accept nothing below 20 or even 30m Ł, that's it.

Are these young players? How do your scouts rate them? Just because you know they are 154PA via cheating doesn't mean the AI (or a normal human manager) would know that. If everything is pointing towards them being a future superstar (other than that PA which neither the AI managers or human managers should be seeing) of course they want a lot.

Or are they in form first team players? Would selling them seriously weaken the selling team? If so, of course they ask a fortune. What they are really saying is "he's not for sale, but if you want to be silly, knock yourself out. 20 mil!"

I've bought plenty of players at reasonable prices. My only real grumble would be top top stars who are transfer listed and unhappy needing 2-3 times their value to buy still. But then again, their value will drop if no-one buys them, and if they are somewhere like Madrid or City where they don't desperately need the cash, why shouldn't they hold out for a big fee I guess?

I’ve been picking up mediocre players for less than what they’re worth. I wait until they’re unsettled, or their club transfer lists them. I just picked up Anderson for peanuts from Man Utd, just because he was no longer needed. Same with Andres Guardado (contract ran out) and Jack Robinson (wanted first-team football).

Why would the player be unsettled? If he is in the first-team, enjoying playing at the club, why would he want to move? The PA of a player has nothing to do with buying/selling players. There’s just as much chance a 160PA player can be sold for more than a 170PA player, it’s all linked with reputation, the players happiness at his current club, contract length, age, position and wages. You can’t expect to buy every player for what his ‘value’ says, you’ll probably have to pay over-the-odds for them if nothing is in your favour. Just think, if someone tried to snatch your midfielder who is worth £5M for exactly that, you’d probably tell them where to stick it, right?

Archived