Who's gonna hire me this time?

JerseyShoreDave

In FM11 I got to take Afturelding of Iceland all the way to the Champions League title of Europe on 4 occasions before I couldn't play anymore this time, I'll find a club and see what happens, I might move, I might stay... time will tell.

I started the game with all the lowest leagues across Europe available... I sent my resume to all of them... first one who responds gets me...

Logo_AAFK.png

Algard from Norway wants me at 850 pounds per week, sounds good! small club with a 4k stadium who once was at the top flight of Norwegian Football, maybe we'll get there again. I only have 11 players who can play at the moment as my other 4 are injured, at least I got about a month of game time to get my squad bigger and better. Only the winner of the group can make it to the First Division and being in 9th I doubt that'll happen this season but I'll try.

Season Summary will be posted when done.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Algard Footballklubb - 2nd Division Group

We are the Champions!

The fixtures speaks for itself, I took the job in June, once I brought in a ton of players I had 4 ties and the rest were wins...

League Table really speaks for itself.

The Squad A full house, most of them can leave...lol

Transfers So far I haven't had any interest from anyone wanting my contracted players that I don't want...

Finances went to hell thanks too... Undersoil Heating Yeah a club going into Division 1 from Division 2 can easily afford this.... lmao. Oh well I'll just have to live it and love it.

New contract On November 1st I got offered a new Contract again at 850 a week, I got it upped to 1000 a week.

Key Players

Paul Oyuga was a part of the club when I took it over, he is our star forward and Kenyan national team member at age 38 for which he even broke his arm and missed 6 weeks! He played in 22 matches, scoring 13 goals, with 4 assists and 4 MOM honors... I think next year is his last year.

Rogvi Baldvinsson our 22 year old Faroe Islands Striker and central defender was also at the club when I came. He is our second best striker. In 24 appearances he scored 6 times, had 2 assists, and 1 MOM honors. He should be good still thru the 1st Division I hope.

Jannick Thrane He is my star Danish Midfielder who played 19 times, scored 3 had 6 assists, with 3 MOM honors. I know nothing special... he's worth 3k so what did you expect? He should help us get to the Premier League.

David Belsvik is our Central defender/right back whose skill allowed us to win the League. His 4 assists and 1 MOM don't tell the story.

Next Season

No idea whats going to happen. I have over a million in debt thanks to the inground heating coming this season, I really wasn't expecting that considering we get a massive 400 fans per match. I'll probably just have to make due awhile with what I got and try to sell off the dead wood ASAP. I should mention since I forgot above that we got knocked out of the Norwegian Cup in the first round before I was at the club.

I was managing Jevnaker in the Second Division and exactly the same happened to me, the board decided to spend 800k on undersoil heating after we won promotion to the First Division. Left us £1million in debt aswell as we averaged 200 fans per game. Strange.

I had to rely on bringing in a few Free Transfers and loans on real small money as I had no budget whatsoever after that amount of board spending. Over the course of the season the board did slowly inject some of the money back in but I left at the end of the season.

Anyway, great season, hopefully you will be able to get some good free transfers in if the budget allows.

@abulezz. It is a LOL but I think its a requirement when you win promotion to make life suck for the team... lol

@City2000 Yeah as I told abulezz I think its a requirement in the League. I was over 1 Million in Debt. The board did up my spending and they've already injected the team 3x with money. So far I got in a couple people who should be good at getting the team at least solidified in the First Division

Algard 2012 Season Norwegian First Division

Norwegian Cup We made it to the quarter finals where we barely lost in extended time 4-3 to Valerenga. Beating Fredrikstad in the 4th round was a real achievement.

First Division Results We are the Champions, and we left it to the last match day to get it done

The Squad We have some good Talent and some dead weight especially for the Premier League.

Player of the Year for 2011 I don't know why Marius got it, but congrats... good player but wasn't worthy of the honor.

Transfers Got rid of a few and need to get rid of few more as well as building a team the can one day dominate Norway, the Champions League, and the WORLD!

Key Players

Paul Oyuga has decided to retire without playing a game in the Premier League and its sad. Without him I doubt I could of made it this far. He's still going to be a coach. The 39 year old Kenyan International played 32 matches scored 7 times, and was our assist leader with 13.

Andreas Moen Is our new 28 year old striker from Norway... in fact he's our best striker and player. This season he pulled us through to winning the league. In 32 total matches played this season he scored 25 times, had 11 assists, and was declared MOM 12 times. Hopefully he'll be as good in the Premier League

Jonny Hansen he's our best midfielder. He's 31, played 31 times total and got 9 goals, 4 assists, and 2 MOM. If he doesn't play well in the Premier League we're doomed.

Erlend Persgard Our 22 year old Norwegian Striker needs to perform. Considering a Premier League club wants him... it makes me optimistic. He played 28 games in which he scored 6 goals and had 10 assists with 1 MOM performance.

Mads Nielsen has a second season as our number 1 keeper. The 23 year old danish keeper played in 35 matches, conceded 29 goals, had 11 clean sheets and 1 MOM performance. Some staff members doesn't give Mads much credit, I'm unsure if he's good enough for the Premier League but we'll see.

Finances

Finances we straightened out by the end of the season. We now have 200k to start with, would be nice if the Board gave it to me.

Losses The previous season we lost 1.2 million... we recovered with some help...

Start of Season expectations I went with avoiding relegation and 5k/week and it worked well thankfully.

New Sponsorship A local company decided to sponsor us at 12k per year for the next 5 years. Every little bit helps. I do like the little details added in sometimes like this.

Rosenborg became our Parent Club Now that we're in the same league I think I'll lose, they didn't loan me any players last season but the 26k came in handy!

I got 3 cash injections by the board to help the club out.... First one for 425k, Second for 130k, and Third for 95k.

TV Rights gave us another 206k.

Norwegian Cup Payout was 252k

Norwegian First Division Payout was 586k

Low Squad Bonuses wow did this **** off some players... won't do it this year, it wasn't worth the hit to morale...

Ticket Sales 300% Rise in Season Tickets Sales!!!!

Miscellaneous Items

Stadium Expansion??? When my undersoil heating installation was completed I get told that 2950 seats were added too the stadium, I checked out the stadium screen and saw my undersoil heating was done as well...

Second Expansion Apparently for 172k the board is installing 1400 new seats and it'll take 5 months to complete. I believe this is a necessary improvement thanks to Premier League Regulations. This season my stadium never got over 50% full. Average attendance in the second division was 456, in the First Division it was 1914, and in the Premier League I hope it fills the stadium!!!

Contract Extension I do a 3 year contract extension raising my salary from 1k to 1.2k per week. This was done to try to get the board to agree to the things I want... but so far I failed on that front.

Linked to Sogndal This surprised me seeing how they're an established Premier League Club. Its a testament to my greatness as a manager obviously.

November Manager Award Finally I get the recognition I deserved. November was my best month and I want to thank ME, myself, and I for the achievement.

Norway retains Champions League and Euro spots Keep them warm... I'll be taking a spot soon :)

Reputation The Club's reputation went up obviously from 1 star to 1.5.

This season I can't win the league, I can only scout Scandinavia and Estonia and that doesn't give me a lot to work with. We're also still semi-pro which doesn't help things either. Its quite possible from what I've seen of the available free transfers out there that I could get a decent increase in wage spending and be in the spot of being unable to use that money on Premier League quality players. Avoiding relegation is the objective and I think I can pull it off.

Algard Norwegian Premier League 2013

Norwegian Premier League We finished in 7th place due to Injuries... as you see here, we were at 3rd place for 2 games...

Norwegian Cup We only played 2 Premier League sides enroute to the Norwegian Cup, and in the final we were the favorites as our opponents Nybergsund was last place in the first division. It makes us look stronger then we are, but I'll take it!

The Squad Our team is better primarily due to the acquisitions in August, still need a lot of dead wood out, and need Premier League ready players in.

The Transfers A lot more in then not a few gems in the team now, some need a bit of work. We need to get rid a lot more players and need to achieve a status to be able to bring in better players.

Key Players

Dean Bouzanis He came in January and became our Top goal keeper, he let in the least number of goals then any other starting keeper in the league. The 23 year old Australian Keep played in 36 matches, conceded 34 goals, had 15 clean sheets, and 4 MoM honors.

Andre Calisir The 23 year old Swedish central defender is proving himself in 35 appearance he scored 1 goal (yeah gotta work on that) 2 assists and had 4 MOM performances. His scored sucks but his defending is right on.

Andreas Moen The 29 year old Striker was last years Player of the Year In 30 appearances he only scored 12 goals, had 6 assists and 3 MoM performances.

Yacouba Diallo Our 20 year old Ivory Coast striker cost us 350k, and was worth every penny. He started in August so he only played 12 games but he got 9 goals during that time and had 2 assists and 2 MoM performances which included 1 Hat Trick! He's certainly getting better in the future, but for now he's mine all mine!

Rogvi Baldvinsson The 24 year old Faroe Islands International didn't have the best season. In 32 matches he got 6 goals and 6 assists. Definitely looking to be sidelined eventually.

The Finances are decent with 455k in the bank.. we would of had a lot more had it not been for other projects.

Profit We had a profit of 1.4 million Last Season.

Rosenborg severed Link so OB is our new parent club.

Start of Season Expectations We went with keep from getting relegated for obvious reasons.

Ticket Sales slowly rising...

Our stadium was expanded by 800 seats! And come early into the new season we'll get 1k more! It cost too much but the league required it :(

Reputation stayed the same, I think winning the Norwegian Cup should change that.

Norway retains Continental qualification places.

European Competition Rankings got worse for the Norwegian Premier League as we dropped 10 spots to 54th!

Nizhniy Novograd Wanted me to manage their club, they had their problems but paid well. We'll see maybe one day.

Next Season

Our biggest problems besides making more money is becoming a club where players want to play. My biggest problem was finding the quality of players I need not only to win the League consistantly but also to challenge in Europe. All the money in the world doesn't help if you can't attract the talent... thats the hardest part to change.

Algard - Norwegian Premier League 2014 - Year In Review

Reputation remained unchanged.

Season Expectations I went with mid table finish... didn't need the money really couldn't find anyone great who wanted to join the club.

200-1 Odds of winning the League Speaks for itself, we're a solid mid to upper level club now.

Norwegian Premier League We ended up in 3rd place, we're in the Europa Cup. The season wasn't looking good at one point but we rebounded upwards. It'll be tough to get 1st without being able to recruit better players...

Norwegian Cup League Champions Rosenborg knocked us out in the quarter finals in a tight match.

Continental spots retained in both the Champions League and Europa Cup which is in line with the premier league being ranked 44th best.

Europa Cup We started well in the 3rd round of Euro Cup Qualifying beating Sarajevo 3-1 away and 2-0 at home.... Then in the 4th Qualification round we got unlucky and drew Hannover, at home we managed a 1-1 tie and at Hannover we got stuck with a 0-0 draw and we had our chances too. Hopefully next season we'll be stronger and have a little more luck in our opposition. Our home match against Hannover did break out attendance and gate records as well.

The Squad in terms of worth is under valued but can't do much about it, the team is big with lots of deadwood and I'm hoping to continue to clear it out when bids come in.

The Transfers Got some new players, sold off complainers and those who got decent offers. Still looking for more world class players but none want to play for me.

Finances We got 1.9 million in the bank.

Key Players

Dean Bouzanis is our 25 year old starting goal keeper from Australia who played in 35 matches scoring 35 goals with 12 clean sheets and 1 MoM performance. He's one of our best players and although he didn't have the best season, I feel he's still getting better.

Andreas Moen is the fans player of the year. The 30 year old Norwegian Striker is slowly losing skill but is still our second best striker. He played a total of 25 times, scoring 10 goals with 4 assists and 3 MoM honors. He'll be at the club at least this season, we do have many great strikers coming out of the youth system who can challenge for the starting striker positions, It'll be interesting who stands last.

Yacouba Diallo is our best striker. The 21 year old Ivory Coast Striker played 36 matches scoring 18 times with 8 assists and 2 MoM performances. He's still getting better, I only wished we were professional and not semi-pro... hopefully that changes before the season begins.

Ole Kristian Nygard is the best performing player we have. The 22 year old Norwegian defender was named in the League starting 11 as he played in 34 matches scoring 6 goals and 2 assists with 5 MoM honors with an average rating of 7.38. He's the most sought after player at the club and I hope to keep him a long long time.

Geir Ludvig Fevang Is our 34 year old Norwegian Midfielder who keeps on fighting. He's our best midfielder and is just in constant awesome shape. His stats aren't impressive but its what he does defensively that makes him great. In 35 total games he scored once, with 3 assists and had 1 MoM honor. Not sure how long he'll last but as long as he can steal the ball from the best like he did this season he's got a spot!

Miscellaneous

Stadium Expansion now makes the stadium bigger by 1000 seats to 5600.

Season Ticket Sales are at 1795 up from 1754 last season.

Germany beats France 1-0 to win the World Cup

100 matches in management

Next Season

Still hoping to become a Professional Club, still seeking to get a larger scouting area, and looking to attract better players are my current obstacles.

@city2000 I had some interesting offers as I have had some some smaller nations loaded up, but I'm hanging out where I am for now. I didn't save them, but I got 3 offers from teams in my own League, Rochdale, 3 Finnish clubs, Novogrod, and some Crete club. I am enjoying building up my own rep as well as the club's. Diallo is looking good, still looking for more from him but it'll come I think. We have some reinforcements coming.

@Deltablue Actually I just turned professional before the new season, so many things will slowly improve. We're going to get more attention shortly, still can't sign the clutch players but I can scout Europe now which means by the August transfer window I should be getting in some better players to push us hopefully for the League title, cup, and the group phase of the Euro Cup.

2015 Year in Review... National Team Coach of Algeria

Appointed Algerian Manager I applied for the US 23-under coach got rejected then Algeria came around, and I took the job.

Algerian Fixtures could of been worse, could of been better. I took over after the previous manager was sacked for a sad performance at the African Cup of Nations. We were ranked 48th when I took over, now we're in the 60s. Wales, Argentina and Spain just crushed us... :(

Since taking the job I've been approached by Venezuela, Honduras, and Iraq but their next tournaments aren't better then Algeria is at this point.

African Cup of Nations Qualifying Group A We have an easy route to the next round of qualifying with the quality of the team.

Year in Review 2015 Algard - Norwegian Premier League & Europa Cup

2 Star Reputation Got a long ways to make the club truely feared.

We're now a Professional club... and can scout all of Europe

Start of Season Expectations was set to Euro Cup Qualifying.

33-1 Odds of Winning Norwegian Premier League

Norwegian Premier League dropped 2 spots to 46th

Algard's ranking rose 256 to 243

Norway retains Continental Spots...

Results

Norwegian Premier League We got second place for the first time... Rosenborg is beastly to put it bluntly as is Fredrikstad but we have to get in better players so we can own the league. We lost a bit of form a quarter into the season till about halfway thru the season that prevented us from winning.

Norwegian Cup it was actually easy until the semi-finals where it got a little tougher... winning the final 4-0 was shocking but I'm happy at that win... our second Norwegian Cup.

Euro Cup Results

We met Jetysu an Armenian Club in the first qualfying Round... We won the home match 4-0 and tied the away match 1-1 to make it to the 2nd qualifying round.. which was JJK from Finland we won at home 2-1 and won away 3-2 to make the 3rd Qualifying round against Panathinaikos... at home we won 1-0... away we lost 3-2 and went through on the away goals rule.... to make the 4th qualifying round against NEC of Holland. In holland we tied them 2-2 but at home we won 2-1... Which meant we qualifyed for the Group Stage!

Euro Cup Groups...

We got Sevilla, Club Brugge, and Dnipro of the Ukraine... which is way better then our Rivals Rosenborg who got Olympique Lyonnais, Rangers, and Genk.

In the Group match we first played Seville in Spain and lost 4-2 after being tied 2-2 at halftime.... then at home we beat Club Brugge 3-1 then defeated Dnipro 1-0..... when we went to Dnipro we lost 3-1.... at home we tied Sevilla 2-2 before returning to Club Brugge to lose 2-1... with 7 points we got thru by scoring more goals then Club Brugge to the knockout stage!

Only Question left was who were we going to meet in the next round... unforunately its Manchester United... and the winner of that gets Trabzonspor of Turkey or Braga of Portugal... both of whom I'd rather play then Manyoo...

The Squad, Transfers, and Finances

The Squad Is slowing Improving... We have good talent and are overperforming in Europe... and we've gotten what I think is our first uber caliber star that in a few years could be world class... we'll see though.

The Transfers We bought a few more worth then we got back in transfer fees but turning professional makes our wages go up... Our net number of players is down.

The Finances have never been better at 3.3 Million...

Season Ticket Sales is now at 1901 up from 1795.

Key Players

Yacouba Diallo is our 22 year old Star Ivorian Striker. He's by far our best Striker at the moment. He played 50 matches, scoring 28 goals, with 9 assists and 5 MoM performances... He is now our all time leading goalscoring record holder.

Marius Helle is a new signing and is our second best striker... He is 32... 10 years ago he left our club only for me to get him back much to the fans liking. He's an interim solution, but is getting the job done. In 41 appearances he scored 21 times, with 11 assists and 5 MoM performances... and he is our yellow card leader at 10 and got 2 red cards.... otherwise I'm happy.

Ole Kristian Nygard is our best defender and is our fan favorite! He played in 48 appearances, scored only once, had 3 assists, and 5 MoM performances... Everyone inquires about him from across Europe but he's MINE!!!

Kjetil Berge is one of our oldest players at 34, and is one of our center backs. Not sure how much longer he's going to be top dog in the best with Nygard but for now he's one of our best. He's played 47 times, scored 7 goals and had 1 MoM performance.... even more amazing is 5 of his goals came in continental Competition. might be his last year but I'm happy to have him!

Andreas Moen has sentimental value to me, the 31 year old is facing stiff competition for the 3rd starting striker job and doesn't perform like our other 2 strikers... should we find a striker that doesn't get hurt and is good Moan will be a substitute... but for this season he played 43 times, scored 10 goals with 10 assists with 2 MoM performances.

Club Coaching News and Outlook for next season

New Contract it happened while I went on Holiday... I was going to ask for more money then this but it was my fault for going on vacation I find it funny nonetheless.

Sparta Rotterdam wants me, can't say I blame them... my answer to them should be obvious...

November Manager of the Month Finally I got some recognition...

Since we're progressing nicely, I need to be able to pay more money to get the better players being offered to me... my cap is at 2100 which isn't enough to buy the Top rejects from the top clubs in Europe needed for me to own the Norwegian Premier League and getting Champions League money necessary to control the free world... with over 3 million in the bank i think I'll have more money to splash on ever increasingly better players...

Euro Cup Results 2015-2016 Season & Algeria season 2016

Lost 2-1 at home as you can see from their yellow cards... they were desperate to win...

At Old Trafford we tied Man Yoooooooo 1-1

We did great I think, Manchester United ended up losing in the final to Fiorentina so we did well doing this much. It put us into the upper portion of Norwegian reputation as well moving the club up to being the 158th best club in Europe up 350 spots. The Norwegian League is also up 15 spots to 31st. And Finally our Continental spots remain the same but slightly improved!

As head coach of Algeria we were undefeated this year, our only 2 ties came during World Cup Qualifying. Here were our fixtures. Our 6-5 win over Benin... and our 1st Round Group for the African Cup of Nations which isn't too bad with Angola, Burkina Faso, and Nigeria we can make the second round.

I'm including the 2016 Euro Championships to show how Norway is moving on up, Spain beat Belgium 3-0 in the finals and Norway got eliminated in the Quarter Finals 1-0... Hopefully Norway can do better in the World Cup...

2016 Algard Results - Norwegian Premier League

The Board of Directors now lets us Scout the world for players!

16-1 Odds of Winning the Premier League

We won the Norwegian Premier League title with 24 wins 5 ties and 1 loss to Tromso which was a 5-0 killfest lol.

We won the Norwegian Cup by beating what use to be the best team in Norwegian Soccer.

Euro Cup Results

In the 3rd Qualifying Round we faced GIF Sundsvall from Sweden beat them at home 1-0, tied them 1-1 away from home...

In the 4th Qualifying Round we faced a very tough Dynamo Kyiv. We had a 1-1 away tied, and beat them 2-1 at home to make the group phase.... which wasn't that bad... We got Group J again and got Udinese, Koln, and SK Sturm Graz. We were in the 3rd pot.

Our first match was away at Sturm Graz which we won 3-0 no surprise there. At home we tied Udinese 2-2 which was surprising. Then at home we thrashed Koln 6-2... we can destroy good teams at times.... but in Koln we could only manage a 1-1 tie. At home we faced Sturm Graz and got a 1-1 tie again.... then at Udinese with the group already won with them and I going on to the knockout rounds... they put on a weakened squad... for me its the last match of the year... so I got my full squad out there and we crush them 5-0 to take first place in the Group. Here is the Fixture.

In the first Knockout Round of the Euro cup we face... Sampdoria... I am kinda confident here, no reason why we can't fight them and have a chance of winning, they're overrated IMHO.

If we get thru them, then we'd face either Lille from France or SLB from Portugal in the Second Knockout Phase... could be easier them Sampdoria... we'll see!

I finally won Norwegian Manager of the Year as well.

Finances, Transfers, and The Squad

The Finances - Was above 5 million until I spoke with the board of directors that allowed me to finally upgrade our facilities for the first time in my reign.

Our ticket sales went up from 1901 to 2211.

The Transfers First off you'll see at the end of the season our total number of players have gone down, our profit for selling is 2 million while we spent 850k on bringing in new players. The most significant of these was Rafael whom we put into a friendly match we had against a non league club and let 3 goals in... we lost lol... so I thought he was significantly overrated... guess not... I bought him in March... in August he wanted to leave since my main keeper was doing the job as you will see I said ok I'll sell you. Knowing I'd get something for him I went to sell him... and got 1.3 million for him... not bad for a free transfer and 5 months.... thanks Roma! Since our finances are a bit worn due to facility upgrades I see the trend of a leaner meaner club happening.

The Squad We still have a lot of players here but its slowly getting smaller. Ole Kristian Nygard is wanted by clubs around the world... we maybe seeing his last days, I dunno, he's happy but he and Diallo have been complaining about moving to bigger clubs so we'll see. Jose Manuel Abundis is potentially his replacement... We got a 20 and under international brazillian named Souza whom we have hope in, hopefully he'll be worthy of his own spotlight section in the key players section next year. Didn't wnat to jinx him.

Key Players

Ole Kristian Nygard The 24 year old Norwegian defender is noticed by all. He is the fan's player of the year, and the in the league dreamteam! During the season he played 37 matches, scored 5 goals, 2 assists and 4 MoM perfomances with an average rating of 7.43. We'll see how long I can keep him for, time will tell.

Adam Stachowiak is our massively underrated 30 year old Polish Goalkeeper. In 47 matches he conceded 31 goals and had 23 clean sheets and 1 MoM performance. In Domestic competition he played 35 matches condceded 19 goals and have 20 total clean sheets... plus conceded no goals in the Norwegian Cup! Its going to take a great goalkeeper to knock out Adam from the top spot thankfully I think I have my goalkeeper for the next 4 years if not longer.

Yacouba Diallo is our best striker the 23 year old Ivory Coast international who has been used twice now by the full national team as a substitute still isn't the quality I believe he can be. His 2 new brazillian partners will help him out I believe. He played in 41 matches scored 26 goals, took 3 penalty kicks got 1 in, had 7 assists and 7 MoM performances. Next season he maybe 3rd best striker, we'll see!

Oliveira We've had him for awhile now, but this was his breakout season. The 22 year old brazillian proved his worth in the midfield, I think he gets hurt a little too much but thats why we have a team, thankfully he only missed a few matches. In 35 appearances he scored 6 goals, 1 penalty kick, 10 assists and had 1 MoM performance with an average rating of 7.21. Great underrated player who is worth 2.5 million rather then the 90k stated lol.

Marios Onisiforou is our Cypriot 21 year old midfielder who is leading the club to victory. In 41 appearances he scored 8 times, took 3 penalty kicks, and scored 3, had 11 assists and 1 MoM performance with an average rating of 7.18. He's definitely going to lead the club to the greatness I forsee.

Marius Helle is getting old now at 33, the Norwegian Striker is getting old fast. I think it'll be his last spotlight, in 37 matches he got 14 goals, 10 assists, with 3 MoM performances and a 7.12 rating. Its a shame that none of our Norwegian strikers are good enough for the club really... other then as backup. We'll see who whines to leave.

Next Season Thoughts

I did renew my contract too, for 3 years I think, I went up in salary from 1600 to something over 5k which was their opening offer.

Overall we're doing well obvious we need to win the League and Cup again, and at least make the Group Phase of the Champions League in order to grow the club larger the quickest.

Our Brazilian - Ivory Coast offence I hope is successful as our back line and keeper are secure at the European Level.

Was looking forward to seeing how you got on against Man U, did great! Good luck against Sampdoria.

Also, been a long time coming that Manager of the Year award, will be good to see how you do in the Champions League.

No hesitation in renewing your contract again? I guess you want to see how far you can take Algard now.

@City2000... we seem to do REALLY well against bigger opposition then miss out on an undefeated domestic season by losing to an average Tromso 5-0 lol

Man U on my save has gone thru like 4 managers since Ferguson retired so... I didn't expect a Barcelona performance but I expect to get spanked away from home...

Thank you the yearly award should be mine unless someone drastically overperforms...

I'm sticking it out, I'm curious to see how I do in the Champions League and thinking how much worse can it be lol

Europa Cup 2016-2017 Update

First leg in Genova was a 1-1 tie even after we went down a man at half time!

Second leg was at home, and we fell behind initially 2-0 but in the last few minutes of the half we brought it back 2-2... in the second half we scored 3 more goals, they could only do 1 more.... we won the match 5-3... and won it on aggregate 6-4.

Now we play SLB of Portugal who just took out Lille....

Europa Cup 2nd Knockout Round Update

At home we played lame and got a respectable 0-0 result.

After giving the team some hell after our equally lame friendly that happened in between, we went to Portugal and had an awesome 1st half that saw us take a 3-0 lead... in the second half they tried to pound us, and got 2 in.... for the 3-2 victory....

Frankfurt is next!

Europa Cup Quarterfinal Update

First Leg at home went back and forth and we managed a 2-2 tie.

Second Leg in Frankfurt... they took the 1-0 lead in the first half and in the 91st minute we tied it... making it a 1-1 tie but we lost on away goals.

Least we know how good we are now for the Champions League starting in a few months. It was a good experience for the boys.

Europa Cup Quarterfinal Update

First Leg at home went back and forth and we managed a 2-2 tie.

Second Leg in Frankfurt... they took the 1-0 lead in the first half and in the 91st minute we tied it... making it a 1-1 tie but we lost on away goals.

Least we know how good we are now for the Champions League starting in a few months. It was a good experience for the boys.

Thats one of the things I like about the EL, especially as a first european step, as you're haven't got to play the very best a lot of the time, but still some strong sides, it's a good barometer of where you stand on a continental level.

@City2000 We're playing better at the continental level then league overall this season so yes I'm pretty Confident of hitting the Group Stage before splattering my blood lol

@Deltablue yeah I am hoping the Champions League gives a lot more money then the Europa Cup as thats what I need. I'm equal with the very best from small countries at this point. Everything else is 50-50

Archived