WP work permit help needed! english clubs

okay the game used to stop you signing players who needed them, and i thought i got a bargain for sheff united in signing mateja kezman. but now after signing him, (and a few others) it now has the dreaded WP by their name and i cant play them. whats the crack? i was under the impression that you couldnt sign for an english club if you needed a WP. so now im left with some decent 30-ish internationals who i cant play and have wasted my time and budget on. can somebody please explain the situation? thanks.

just read your thread. so im supposed to send two 30 odd year old established internationals on loan for 1000 odd days to a foreign club?? your having a stephie graf!! why on earth would they be granted WPs if they cant play for you? stupid silly AI. if its thats the real life case then why wasnt i warned by my ass man or scout? its completely ****ed my game up now.

There will be some players who are eligible for a work permit based on their ability rather than international appearances, but you won't know until you apply for one, so they wouldn't show up on a player search. There is usually an opinion from your scout in his report if you scout them, but I'd imagine they're only about 95% accurate.

Are you sure your players were granted a work permit when you signed them? You can still sign players without a work permit, but it does say in the news item that they'll need to go on loan to another club in order to gain a second nationality.

Archived