My FM12 Patch/FM13 Idea (regarding Dafuge/Gundos Challenge)

Every year, upon release of FM, we get the two biggest challenges on the forums in my opinion. Dafuge and Gundo's. Part of these challenges is the year long holiday which becomes ever so mundane. If you miss the date, and haven't got backup saves, you gotta do it all over again... and that's annoying.

What I've always wondered, is that with the huge popularity of these challenges... why haven't SI given us the ability to start a season the day before the reload date? I can't imagine it being that hard... I mean, for various European leagues, the option to start a year before or after is there.

My suggestion is, using Dafuge's Challenge as an example, is to have a special start date of the 23rd June of the year after the original date. This year, it'd be 23rd June 2012. This would take away the need for holidaying, and providing that the starting of the game on 23rd June 2012 allowed the previous year to be simmed and everyone have a different game to play (for regens and what not), I think it'd go down a storm with the players of those challenges.

Thoughts, specifically from those who play these challenges?

Archived