Too many long shots

Why Oh Why do the opposition take and score so many long shots against me?

I have tried all sorts of things with my mentality/push up/drop back/narrow/wide/press/don't press but it happens all the time.

I always check player long shot stats and the amount of goalscorers with a long shot less than 10 is madness.

I have also tried setting my team for long shots and not very good to be honest.

Anyone else have this?

Well, the AI needs to score on you somehow, don't they?

If your tactic is a good one you won't be outplayed too often, so the chances they get are random corners and free-kicks, awful mistakes by your defenders and cosmically (comically?) fantastic long shots. The goalkick-ping-1on1 bug will likely also be a winner.

I see long shots like that very rarely, so I would say that employing two (or at least one) defensive midfielders is likely to help. Long shots are easier to score on when there is empty space and plenty of time to aim and shoot than when two burly men with froth around their mouths are standing in the way.

I always play with an anchorman but to no avail. Have also tried two.

Re goalkick-ping-1on1 used to have this problem (only sometimes now) as I employ a sweeper keeper with attacking selected also defender collect. Goal kicks seem to go to my rb/lb.

Pretty funny though looking at his individual instructions. It states cross often from byline!

yep. Sometimes have hassle everone all over pitch. So many times have opposition having up to 20 shots so i must be doing something wrong.

No, it sounds like you're doing everything right. They can't get through your defence or close to the goal, so that's the only desperate option available to them. You didn't say they are scoring many or it's costing you games, right?

Archived