Football Manager has detected that you may not be playing an original version of Football

Why don't you read the FAQ thread before posting?

Am informed my game is 'Not an Original'

This is related to a program called Threatfire - we very much recommend uninstalling this to definitely run the game. We're looking into a way around this, but currently due to a conflict with Steam this is the only way to resolve the issue.

When you make a file read only that will cause most probably problems when starting the game...

The German players are greyed out because there is a licensing problem and this can't be discussed on the official forums.

Just google it or visit a German FM fan site. :)

cheers mate.

Does it make a difference how many computers you have FM on?

I have three laptops that I play FM on, my home laptop, my laptop at my girlfriend's and my laptop at my friend's. I log into my account at all houses and play it there, never had any problems, should I expect problems?

No, you can play the game on as many computers you want, but just on one computer at the same time.

My Copy of Football Manager is doing the same. Downloaded it On Friday and have not even played it yet because every time I try it says. Preparing to Launch FM for about ten seconds then it pops up with

'Football Manager has detected that you may not be playing an original version of Football Manager 2012 and the game has therefore shut down.

If you believe you are playing an original version of the game then please contact SEGA support.

If you are playing a non-original version, you'll not be able to re-load the game. Please click here to purchase a legitimate version of the game, which will support the making of future versions and will also avoid seeing this message again'

I have purchased the game through STEAM so do not understand the problem. I have emailed SEGA but no reply. Any idea as to what I can do?

The thread starter did change a .inc file to read only and that was the reason why he got that message. It could be both, a incompatible other software or some changes to a FM file.

Surely if it's his game, he can do as he likes with the .inc files for personal use? All this trouble being caused by steam, and just to top it off, the game is pirated anyway just as everyone told SI it would be.

Surely if it's his game, he can do as he likes with the .inc files for personal use? All this trouble being caused by steam, and just to top it off, the game is pirated anyway just as everyone told SI it would be.

Yes, he can edit it, delete it, but if he changes it to read only the game can't load the file and will and up in an error. Such troubles are caused by users not by steam.

Would it be happening if the user wasn't forced into using Steam? No.

please stop the steam bitching, it's getting very old and not getting any one any where at all. If steam bugs you that much get rid of the game and quit spending all your time devoted to coming on the the SI forums and making asinine comments.

Archived