Mac activation steam/cd question

Hi all

First and foremost, apologies if this is answered elsewhere, I tried searching and looking through threads but could not find my answer.

My question is once you have activated your game (boxed version, activated through steam), do you still need to have the cd/dvd inserted when you play the game? It seems to work fine without, but after a season playing an edited database I ran into problems and couldn't help but wonder whether they were in-built anti-piracy measures (rather than mistakes in my edited database).

Can anyone shed some light on this for me please?

The problem I ran into was that no league games were scheduled in the second season and no promotions/relegations from previous season came into effect. All leagues just had the final league positions from the end of the previous season. In the editor, no problems showed up using the "test nation rules" button.

Any input much appreciated!

You don't need the CD/DVD to play the game.

Check your saved game for promotion/relegation playoffs. When the game does not schedule fixtures for the new season it's most of the times because some playoffs are not played. Check the dates in your editor file and adjust them.

Archived