Problems with FM2012/Steam Report to BBCWatchdog

Hi

so after spending three hours to try to fix my issues with the game unavaliable issue instead playing the game today i played the game in peace saved the game went to work come back want to play the game now .. load the the game .. then begin to load the saved and tells me that my saved game is not avaliable? when i exited in the morning i made sure it saved and exited properly.

whats causing this issue why? after on theres another.. i paid money for the game to play not for it to be an unreliable as a dodgy car mechanic.

if anyone of you experiencing problems please complain to bbcwatchdog.. i have done its not on i pay around 30 quid for the game and want to play when i want to no go around surfing the web to find patches trying to fix the game if i wanted to do that i would have become a developer and would have got paid by them.

will think twice about getting fm2013 i hope offered a considerable discount after such poor execution on fm12

odds are steam is not working because of something wrong with your PC. try this

Download the following software:

CCleaner

Malware bytes anti malware

avast anti virus

Do the following:

1 uninstall any anti virus you have on your system. install avast, ccleaner and malware bytes

2 Run a full system scan with avast and remove any threats found. when it promots you to do a boot scan (a full system scan done after you restart) allow it to. restart computer and let the boot scan run fully also deleting any threats found

3 Do a full system scan with malware bytes and delete anything it finds.

4 Run a full system scan with ccleaner deleting anything is bring up. in ccleaner go to the registry cleaner option and scan/ fix all issues. re run the registry scan and fix all issues untill the scan brings back no results.

5 defrag your hard drive

if that fails try this AFTER

uninstall FM, uninstall steam. go to c:/program files/si games and delete the whole si games folder. go to c:/program files/steam and delete that file go to my documents and delete you si games folder in there as well. run ccleaner on a normal scan removing any data it finds. run ccleaners registry scan fixing all issues and keep re scanning till it come sup with no errors.

restart computer

download steam

download fm

play

if that fails, download HDtune pro and scan your hard drive for errors

error is saved game could not loade---d why? i saved it see the file i saved its properly.. why ? i paid money for it

This is usually because the save is corrupted. If you are using a rolling save, try loading one of those. It doesn't seem like a Steam error and unfortunately saves get corrupted from time to time. This happened before Steam and will still happen even if Steam is not used in future versions.

Funniest thread I've seen in years.

In all seriousness though, it really does sound like a corrupt save problem and I'll be willing to bet pretty much everyone on here has experienced that at some point. You're the first person to threaten SI with Watchdog though :D

Suck it up. It happens. (And remember to make back up saves often).

Archived