Ever set out to ruin a player?

Anyone ever tried to ruin a players career? Or at least **** them off? Currently managing Sport Boy in Peru and Jair Baylon is looking to move to a bigger club, I rejected a transfer list request and he decided to talk to me;

JB: The situation hasn't improved and I've let my team mates know that I'm unhappy about my transfer request being denied.

Me: I will be the one that decides wether you stay or go

JB: I am dissapointed by your reaction, especially after we fell out when I wanted to go to a bigger club

Me: You can bring all old incidents if you like, it's not going to do you any good in this situation.

JB: Okay I admit I shouldn't have brought that up but we still need to sort out this issue.

Me: I don't want to lose you and see you as a big part of my plans.

JB: Do you really want an unhappy player disrupting the club?

Me: No, what I want is a professional player getting on with his job.

JB: Maybe I am being unprofessional but you left me with no other choice after the way you've treated me.

Me: Your unprofessional behaviour has made this point of principal for me now and their is no way your leaving. You can sit in the reserves instead for all I care.

JB: All you have done here is even further convince me that I want to leave, I'm not changing my mind.

Thought that was quite interesting, talk engine seems better thanks to tone.

Back in the day when CM had training schedules that you had had to pick what they were doing via a weekly timetable, I had a player at West Brom called Jordao. He whined constantly for a reason which has long since been shoved out my memory. What I do remember, is that I put him in the youth team, and devised a schedule for him consisting of daily cross country runs, morning and afternoon, no days off.

I've got one that I have kept buried since almost day one. 17yr old I signed as a developmental player, he had very high upside. I signed with the backup role, no problem. No way is he ready for my first 11, so I figure I will loan him out a couple seasons so he can develop. Wrong. He declines every loan offer I got for him, within 2 weeks he whining about being good enough to start, and demanding a transfer.... went through the whole convo from up above...I did actually try to sell him, no takers. So I buried him on the youth team. That was 3 seasons ago... he has since developed into quite a nice backup winger while keeping his mouth shut... another season or two he may even be ready to start, especially if I can get him some first team time at one of my feeders. Right back to where we started... refuses every loan and then starts whining for playing time and a transfer again... and once again, nobody wants him.

So he is back in the reserves, on the bench until his contract is up in another year or two... I do not care if he turns into a star player in that time... He will never see my field.

One of my key player which I picked him and trained him from my club's youth team started to whine when I took his captain badge away. He had been a captain ever since he was 19 for about 2 seasons. Being a low league club, I brought in better ones and made another one captain.

He wanted to leave the club. I told him that he was my key player and so on. He still wanted to leave the club. I still kept him for few months with his moral being deep red almost all the time. As revenge, I made him train hard and somehow he got injured in a game for 6 months. when he had just returned back to training, I put him on pitch right away and he got hurt for few months right away. When he came back again, he put him on the pitch and he got hurt for weeks this time.

I had a good laugh. He was basically injured for a whole year.

Back in the day when CM had training schedules that you had had to pick what they were doing via a weekly timetable, I had a player at West Brom called Jordao. He whined constantly for a reason which has long since been shoved out my memory. What I do remember, is that I put him in the youth team, and devised a schedule for him consisting of daily cross country runs, morning and afternoon, no days off.

This is awesome! :)

Ruined James Vaughn a few years ago on FM. Every time I played Everton he'd score at least 2 against me. Was really annoying, no matter what I did he would always score with pretty much every shot he had against me. So I blew almost my whole transfer budget on him on season and tied him down to a long contract... left him in the reserves, removed his training schedule and made him sit out his contract. Could actually beat Everton then who were my bogey team.

Haha I used to do the exact same thing :)

Archived