Condition Is a Pointless Concern in FM2012

I am getting really frustrated with the fact condition has so little effect on performance.

For example... Darcy Blake at Burnley just started a match at 72% condition. I thought brilliant, we can attack down the left flank and my winger with pace 17 and acc 16 will eat him for breakfast (Darcy B has 13 and 12 for the same stats).... time and again Darcey Blake beat my winger (condition 97%) for the ball when seemingly one one one! Not only that but second half Darcey has a stormer! Depit his condition now being 57% at start of second half (half dead!) he manages to bomb up and down the right wing like a young Cafu!

Kel Surprise... Man of the Match Darcey Blake. Almost a posthumous medal deserved given that his condition by the end was 36% and carrying a knock, but he still managed to get two assists and be outstripping my by now replaced winger (Acc 15, Pace 14, condition 92%) every single time!

One example. Many more (for and against me) that have bugged me since I started playing. I now don't even consider condition when selecting a team. My best team at 70% will perform better than my second team at 100% is most occassions.

p.s Have not seen any correlation between a player being basically a zombie and his chance of injury!

I have plenty of times. If a player is in the red I sub him immediately because I've seen injuries time and time again.

I, too, have seen lots and lots of injuries to players on low condition, especially from 60% and down.

However, it does seem that this is all condition does - influence injury risk. I agree that it doesn't seem to have much, if any, effect on performance.

I am getting really frustrated with the fact condition has so little effect on performance.

For example... Darcy Blake at Burnley just started a match at 72% condition. I thought brilliant, we can attack down the left flank and my winger with pace 17 and acc 16 will eat him for breakfast (Darcy B has 13 and 12 for the same stats).... time and again Darcey Blake beat my winger (condition 97%) for the ball when seemingly one one one! Not only that but second half Darcey has a stormer! Depit his condition now being 57% at start of second half (half dead!) he manages to bomb up and down the right wing like a young Cafu!

Kel Surprise... Man of the Match Darcey Blake. Almost a posthumous medal deserved given that his condition by the end was 36% and carrying a knock, but he still managed to get two assists and be outstripping my by now replaced winger (Acc 15, Pace 14, condition 92%) every single time!

One example. Many more (for and against me) that have bugged me since I started playing. I now don't even consider condition when selecting a team. My best team at 70% will perform better than my second team at 100% is most occassions.

p.s Have not seen any correlation between a player being basically a zombie and his chance of injury!

Close down - always, Man mark and hard tackling set in oi's, then in your team instructions make sure his opposite number in your team has him set to man mark by name in his player instructions and set his individual tackling instruction to Hard. Almost always ends up with the under condition opponent subbed with a red injury for me.

+++WARNING+++ This tactic is also quite likely to get your player red carded, so you need to make a judgement call on how valuable the opposition player is to their chances and if you think you can win the match a man down should the strategy backfire.

ok that's all good replies thank you. appreciate your response, and will give it a go when i see opposition players on low condition.

however shouldnt very low condition ( and to the last poster i would suggest fitness effects how quickly their condition deteriorates) also lower their ability to sling a worldly ball into the box, or their ability to knock the ball past a player by 30 yards and get on the end of it?

just asking because i know in football when i'm struggling it makes my shots tend to be weaker, my passing a bit sloppier, and I sure as hell dont run as fast or as far. perhaps i'm just lazy!

Archived