Steam not loading FM

Download the following software:

CCleaner

Malware bytes anti malware

avast anti virus

Do the following:

1 uninstall any anti virus you have on your system. install avast, ccleaner and malware bytes

2 Run a full system scan with avast and remove any threats found. when it promots you to do a boot scan (a full system scan done after you restart) allow it to. restart computer and let the boot scan run fully also deleting any threats found

3 Do a full system scan with malware bytes and delete anything it finds.

4 Run a full system scan with ccleaner deleting anything is bring up. in ccleaner go to the registry cleaner option and scan/ fix all issues. re run the registry scan and fix all issues untill the scan brings back no results.

5 defrag your hard drive

if that fails try this AFTER

uninstall FM, uninstall steam. go to c:/program files/si games and delete the whole si games folder. go to c:/program files/steam and delete that file go to my documents and delete you si games folder in there as well. run ccleaner on a normal scan removing any data it finds. run ccleaners registry scan fixing all issues and keep re scanning till it come sup with no errors.

restart computer

download steam

download fm

play

I go to load up the game and there is just the "preparing to launch football manager" screen and then does nothing.

Are you clicking the FM12 desktop icon or trying to boot it from within Steam? and does Steam boot okay if you try it separately?

After going through all FAQ's and everything Steam is still not loading FM. So decided to uninstall and re install, but now Steam is not even uninstalling it. You click the button and it says uninstalling but it doesn't. Help.

My steam says there is an update, goes away and thinks for an hour .... try to quit and it say 'quit FM 2012' which of course is not running ... force quit and then reboot ... I have done this 3 times now and nothing but nothing is happening.

I would like to ask SI to refund my money because good old 'Game' will not. I have played FM since it was text and finally you have achieved what my wife, friends and kids could not do ... you have made me never want to play this game again, all because of steam. Its garbage and you should be ashamed of yourselves for releasing an expensive game without proper testing ... little hint get rid of steam and deny you ever heard of them

Archived