Players not happy being on the bench is happening far too much

I'm getting what I consider far too many occurances of the incident where players want to talk to me because they feel they are good enough to be playing but aren't. They have then immediately made the choice that they want to leave. The only options I get is to then offer them a first team place (but they are back up), let them go now or later, or let them out on loan. Other than that I can tell them I make the decisions, but I don't like to say that.

They never want to go out on loan and they always want to leave straight away. I just feel I'm left with no options. I am sure that in FM11 you had the option to give them an incentive to train harder and they might earn a starting place, but I can not ever do that in 12.

At the rate I am seeing this I'll have had every fringe member of my squad in the office before the season's out.

Yes players should fight for the chance to play, but this cnversation is getting repetitive.

Any thoughts on something I should be looking at to avoid this? I'm going to go over all my player's contracts with a fine tooth comb right now. I admit I'm never too thorough with that aspect.

Archived