available jobs always the same when starting unemployed

A bit of a flaw in FM12 (and maybe in other FM's aswell) is that every time I start a new game (ie after a crash) the available jobs are exactly the same.

Even when I start at another date, like in januari 2011 (start of Belarus league), every single available club is the same, even the managers under pressure are identical.

This is a real petty, as the fun of starting a new game is the opportunity to start out fresh with other teams to choose from, but it's also not very realistic to assume that all clubs that are managerless in januari 2011 are still without a manager in july 2011 or januari 2012. Not to mention the fact that exactly the same managers are under pressure in january as in july.

Normally I wouldn't notice as I start a game and play it untill FM13 is relaesed, but now that my 12.0.3 game crashed and I started another save just a couple of hours before 12.0.4 was released, and started all over agian to be sure I have all the benefits of 12.0.4 in my save. So three startups resulting in exactly the same available jobs. Algard FK, Vidar (and 4 or five more norwegian clubs), Ballymoney Utd, Killymoon, Sleipner, Djursland, Minsk and Boussu are some of the "standard-available" jobs I can think of right now.. Either starting in july or in january, it doesnt matter.

It's due to the data in the database at the start of the game. At the time that they stopped making changes to the data, whichever jobs are vacant will be available when you start a new game.

Could you imagine the complaints you'd get if random clubs didn't have a manger (for example Ferguson not being at Man Utd) and people saying it's not realistic.

Once you get going then you'll get the differences of jobs available.

Could you imagine the complaints you'd get if random clubs didn't have a manger (for example Ferguson not being at Man Utd) and people saying it's not realistic.

Once you get going then you'll get the differences of jobs available.

Well, the example of ManUtd is of course a very clear one considering realism and all. But I find it hard to believe these available jobs were actually available when they stopped making changes to the data. There has to be some randomising going on (well not really otherwise there would be different jobs available).

If the ManUtd job would be available it would be obvious, but who says Ballymoney Utd or Vidar FK actually didn't have a manager at that time. All clubs have a manager, and when they don't the vacancy is filled within days.

I understand that when i just go on holiday for some time new jobs will become available, but with lots of leagues loaded that could take some time. It took me about two hours to find a decent job that wasnt among the ones available or under pressure at start of game last night..

The research is very thorough. If the game says Ballymoney didnt have a manager in July 2011, I'd be inclined to believe it.

I doubt that to be honest, about half of the available jobs is from norwegian lower diviosion who are about 8 games underway in their season in july. Not likely there will be so many clubs without a manager at that time during the competition. But either way, there's still the fact that when you start out in jan 2011 (like I did in my 3rd attempt, and got a "new" job in finland in july) the same jobs are available as in july (and the same goes for december probably). That's what surprised me the most. Same jobs in july I can imagine, so I thought lets start at another date when other competitions have finished so other clubs will be looking for a manager (and other managers under pressure). Didn't work that way obviously..

And off course I know there are 'workarounds' like holidaying for a year, but I think it would be nice that starting in januari, july or decmeber would make the difference one would expect.. And a year holiday means many things have happened on the transfer market also.

Archived