Training dodgers!!!!

I am getting a stream of complaints from players about the amount of training they have to do.

I generally stop any special traing focus for them, but I am starting to wonder if it would be better to just ignore the idle gits. They get paid a kings ransom & should train hard!

Any thoughts on this chaps? What happens if you ignore them?

It's down to their personalities in part. If they are lazy they'll complain about the training workload. As it sounds like you've got a lot of players complaining, you're training workload is too high, i'd reduce it down to somewhere in the higher medium area and this will reduce the complaints. If you've done that and some are still complaining they are the lazy ones so to speak and best getting rid of them when you can.

Getting a lot of those complaints as well. I simply ignore them.

I haven't had a problem with morale drop yet. So i'll continue ignoring those complaints.

Do you and the original OP get many training injuries? As this can be a direct cause of training them too hard over the season.

Do you and the original OP get many training injuries? As this can be a direct cause of training them too hard over the season.

I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary, really.

It all seems fine here, as far as i've noticed.

if a player moans about the training intensity, i put them on a low intensity regime. it consists of every part of the schedule being the same as my standard schedule except for the strength and stamina sections which are slightly lower.

it pays to have your training schedules set up from the start. i have

keeper

keeper light

defence

defence light

attack

attack light

then the same but for youth players.

Actually; I don't see how to reduce the general training for an individual from 'Medium' to 'light' for a while. How do you do that? I am thinking it would not be unreasonable to make his general training schedule 'light' if the player is learning a new position.

You have to create a new schedule (from memory I think you can copy an existing one as a starting point?). Then tweak it to lower the intensity and put him on that one. Note that when a player is learning a new position (or PPM) I think his general training intensity is reduced automatically anyway.

Have you tried telling the player that they'll need to work harder if they want a first team place / to remain at the club?

I also reduce their training focus from medium to low so they can concentrate mainly on their normal regime.

I also do what postal postie does - have splits for each position with a slightly less intense one for those players that don't respond to being persuaded to work harder.

As I am currently a LLM I'm not sure if the quality of the AM has a role to play. At the moment my AM recommends different things for players to focus on, but there doesn't seem to be a consideration from the AM as to whether that player is suitable for extra training. I would guess that a better AM with good knowledge of the players at the club may give better recommendations that would stop lazy players from being given training that's likely to upset them.

Archived