Promotions from lowest playable division

Loving the game atm, especially the depth that changeable leagues has provided.

Just a quick question: Now that the game generates promotions and relegation in between divisions that aren't active- say if you're running just the top division of England- does this theoretically mean that teams starting from League 1 or 2 in 2011-12 could be promoted to the EPL, with time?

It was always a little limiting in previous versions that only teams from the division directly below the lowest 'active' division could be promoted.

If the league isn't active, the factor that determines who gets promoted is largely the club's reputation. This has always been the case; nothing new for FM12. Once a team from an inactive league gets promoted, it takes it chances along with the other AI teams. Due to their low reputation they rarely progress far, but it can happen. There's a thread knocking around where someone went on holiday for 200 years and posted their results. A few non-league teams made it into the Premier League. My guess is they acquired random sugar daddies.

Sorry I hadn't heard this before. Does this mean that the game can now possibly simulate the rise of a team from a lower league such as the Wessex League (level 10 I believe) to the lowest playable division (BSN/S in my game)?

I'd love to see my local teams, Wimborne and Poole, get into the game as playable. I just always thought it was never possible in FM unless you physically moved them to the first non-playable league.

Sorry I hadn't heard this before. Does this mean that the game can now possibly simulate the rise of a team from a lower league such as the Wessex League (level 10 I believe) to the lowest playable division (BSN/S in my game)?

I'd love to see my local teams, Wimborne and Poole, get into the game as playable. I just always thought it was never possible in FM unless you physically moved them to the first non-playable league.

It does happen, however, I takes a long time (game time) so people have posted in the forum of saves in the year 2156, and a lot of the time some of the teams outside of the playable game have been in the Premiership (for example Hendon)

I, Myself is trying to get Arlesey to the Prem from the Evo Stik south leagues.

It does happen, however, I takes a long time (game time) so people have posted in the forum of saves in the year 2156, and a lot of the time some of the teams outside of the playable game have been in the Premiership (for example Hendon)

I, Myself is trying to get Arlesey to the Prem from the Evo Stik south leagues.

Hehe, ok, but I guess I shouldn't hold out hope then.

I can only assume, as it is to do with reputation, that a lucky run in the FA Cup or Trophy could help a team along the way due to an associated rise in said reputation

Loving the game atm, especially the depth that changeable leagues has provided.

Just a quick question: Now that the game generates promotions and relegation in between divisions that aren't active- say if you're running just the top division of England- does this theoretically mean that teams starting from League 1 or 2 in 2011-12 could be promoted to the EPL, with time?

It was always a little limiting in previous versions that only teams from the division directly below the lowest 'active' division could be promoted.

Link to info?

Hehe, ok, but I guess I shouldn't hold out hope then.

I can only assume, as it is to do with reputation, that a lucky run in the FA Cup or Trophy could help a team along the way due to an associated rise in said reputation

That's correct, but also pure fluke and the way the teams have been edited in the game. It will happen, but wait a good 100 years!

Link to info?

I don't have a link; its just from what I've noticed in my own game where I'm running (amongst others) Serie A, the game simulates the promotions/relagations right down to Serie D, in the season summaries and histories. Just hypothesised that one of those Serie D sides might make it to A even though I'm only running the top tier. Id imagine its still based on reputation, which I assume remains stagnant in this situation.

I don't have a link; its just from what I've noticed in my own game where I'm running (amongst others) Serie A, the game simulates the promotions/relagations right down to Serie D, in the season summaries and histories. Just hypothesised that one of those Serie D sides might make it to A even though I'm only running the top tier. Id imagine its still based on reputation, which I assume remains stagnant in this situation.

Yeah, I understand that, but I wanted press release info regarding this new system of dynamic non-leagues because I haven't heard about it before. Your last post suggests more of a wishful thinking than actual league tables of leagues not loaded - unless of course you are talking about information that was already in the game but is now more readily available.

Like I said there is a thread here where a fella has posted screenshots of his holiday save of 200 years. You can see non-league sides winning the Premier League. Dig it out.

I'm aware of his save/thread, but i thought he had all playable divisions running, not just the Premier league.

Yeah, I understand that, but I wanted press release info regarding this new system of dynamic non-leagues because I haven't heard about it before. Your last post suggests more of a wishful thinking than actual league tables of leagues not loaded - unless of course you are talking about information that was already in the game but is now more readily available.

It probably is just wishful thinking, unfortunately.Still it was worth an investigation though. I don't think there was a press release about it.

The way i have always perceived itnis that non payable leagues ie northern and southern leagues below bsn and bss in my game are in one massive pool. these teams i imagine are picked at random to get promoted to bsn or bss. always interesting to see who gets promoted and if they survive long.

The way i have always perceived itnis that non payable leagues ie northern and southern leagues below bsn and bss in my game are in one massive pool. these teams i imagine are picked at random to get promoted to bsn or bss. always interesting to see who gets promoted and if they survive long.

It's not completely random - their club reputation plays a big role. If the club gets relegated it has a high chance of being the one to return.

Archived