Issues with steam

High quality technical support there, maybe if SI are getting fed up of answering these questions they should try sorting some of the problems out.

All that is asked of anyone with an issue is to check the FAQ thread first- it saves the forums being full of identical threads covering the same problem. If there is still an issue, everyone will be happy to help.

The answers are in the thread. That's why they made the thread. So that people could easily find the answer and resolve their issues.

It's all there.

Not that easily, because bizarrely the Steam related FAQs aren't in the Steam FAQ, but in the FM FAQs, why should people who paid good money for a game just be told to go and read through pages of text to see if they can solve their problem?

All that is asked of anyone with an issue is to check the FAQ thread first- it saves the forums being full of identical threads covering the same problem. If there is still an issue, everyone will be happy to help.

The identical threads are useful information for SI so they can guage the size of the problem. I still think telling people to go look for the answer is poor technical support.

Not that easily, because bizarrely the Steam related FAQs aren't in the Steam FAQ, but in the FM FAQs, why should people who paid good money for a game just be told to go and read through pages of text to see if they can solve their problem?

Because it's not up to anyone on the forums to solve their issue. There's a technical issue forum and the Steam FAQ.

Plus typing the problem into Google will bring up the Steam's own help files on how to solve the issue.

This is not the place to discuss technical issues. There's a helpful FAQ thread and a technical forum for that sort of thing.

Because it's not up to anyone on the forums to solve their issue. There's a technical issue forum and the Steam FAQ.

Plus typing the problem into Google will bring up the Steam's own help files on how to solve the issue.

This is not the place to discuss technical issues. There's a helpful FAQ thread and a technical forum for that sort of thing.

Maybe they shouldn't have Technical Support guys on the forums then. Why does it matter where people post their questions, they could be moved to the correct forum if it was bothering SI that much?

Maybe they shouldn't have Technical Support guys on the forums then. Why does it matter where people post their questions, they could be moved to the correct forum if it was bothering SI that much?

Who said it was bothering them? There are technical forums.

But perhaps they should move any steam issue threads to the tech forums?

Have you raised a Steam ticket as suggested?

Yours is a problem I've never seen before so it's likely they'll be the ones to resolve it.

It should be SI doing the liaising with Steam, not sure why the end user is required to seek support from a third party provider.

It should be SI doing the liaising with Steam, not sure why the end user is required to seek support from a third party provider.

He has an issue with steam, since no one else has seen an issue like that, best place is to ask those as Steam themselves, who will usually get back to him within 48 hours

Who said it was bothering them? There are technical forums.

But perhaps they should move any steam issue threads to the tech forums?

Maybe they should, but unless they do I don't see how you can say this isn't the place to discuss technical issues, you'd get the same response here or there, which basically consists of: 1) Read the FAQ 2) Go ask Steam 3) Oh well, if you get it working let us know.

He has an issue with steam, since no one else has seen an issue like that, best place is to ask those as Steam themselves, who will usually get back to him within 48 hours

He has an issue with playing FM. SI have an issue with Steam, because it's not working for many of their users, it's not the users responsibility to sort out the problems between their SI game and a third party provider.

He has an issue with playing FM. SI have an issue with Steam, because it's not working for many of their users, it's not the users responsibility to sort out the problems between their SI game and a third party provider.

Wait hold on a sec? A technical forum is available. A steam FAQ is available. Steam Forums are available. This thread has gone as far as it can.

his issue is with the steam program. the best people to help are steam, the quickest way to get help is by contacting steam. After thats all he wants to do, play.

If you're experiencing the 'Game is currently unavailable' error then please try verifying the cache by right-clicking FM in your Steam Library > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache...

In the vast majority of cases that will fix the problem, but if you're still having problems after that, please create a thread in the technical issues forum and we'll do our utmost to get you up and running.

Just because there is an FAQ (designed to help) doesn't mean we're ignoring problems. We're working together with Valve to rectify the 'unavailable' error that a minority of users have been having.

If you're experiencing the 'Game is currently unavailable' error then please try verifying the cache by right-clicking FM in your Steam Library > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache...

That worked for me. Thank you for the help. :)

Wait hold on a sec? A technical forum is available. A steam FAQ is available. Steam Forums are available. This thread has gone as far as it can.

Fan boy answer. If I have paid for goods I expect them to work. The maker of the game is SI so I have came to there thread. It is there choice to make me have to use steam to play the game. I would be perfectly happy, I would prefer it, to play it straight from the disk. For your information on the official steam threads you speak so highly of there was a post started on the 29/10/11 which asked about this same issue and there has been numerous people saying having same error and there has been no reply with an answer.

Also I encourage people who have issues to start new threads as it means it is less likely to be ignored (not that it has here) and allows SI to see how annoyed people are with the product they supply.

If SI are happy to put out games with so many issue's (think 2011) then they should be happy/expect to receive feedback. I dont expect to have to go through pages to find out how to make my game work and now I'm going to have to wait three hours for it to re-install on the one day this week I have been able to play the game since I bought it on Monday. I HAVE BOUGHT SOMETHING AND I EXPECT IT TO WORK, END OF.

because it's not working for many of their users

Many? I doubt that. Steam has 3-4 million users on at any given time and it's the most respected digital distribution platform, it's impossible to prevent a few small problems. But if you stopped complaining and actually did something about it, perhaps you'd have a fix in no time.

Fan boy answer. If I have paid for goods I expect them to work. The maker of the game is SI so I have came to there thread. It is there choice to make me have to use steam to play the game. I would be perfectly happy, I would prefer it, to play it straight from the disk. For your information on the official steam threads you speak so highly of there was a post started on the 29/10/11 which asked about this same issue and there has been numerous people saying having same error and there has been no reply with an answer.

Also I encourage people who have issues to start new threads as it means it is less likely to be ignored (not that it has here) and allows SI to see how annoyed people are with the product they supply.

If SI are happy to put out games with so many issue's (think 2011) then they should be happy/expect to receive feedback. I dont expect to have to go through pages to find out how to make my game work and now I'm going to have to wait three hours for it to re-install on the one day this week I have been able to play the game since I bought it on Monday. I HAVE BOUGHT SOMETHING AND I EXPECT IT TO WORK, END OF.

have you considered thart maybe just maybe with the hundreds of us with perfectly working steam/FM that it could be an issue with YOUR system and not steam? all the problems on here I can bet that most of them have to do with registry conflicts on the users own PC.

Many? I doubt that. Steam has 3-4 million users on at any given time and it's the most respected digital distribution platform., it's impossible to prevent a few small problems. But if you stopped complaining and actually did something about it, perhaps you'd have a fix in no time.

Couldn't agree more.

But some are not technically minded when it comes to computers. And that's what these forums are for, along with the other ones I mentioned.

Sometimes Steam won't work, but it may not be Steams fault. It could the firewall, the anti-virus, ad-aware, some malware on the computer, some issue with the configuration of a person router.

Yeh Steam isn't working. But it has to interact with a lot of bits and pieces. It's a matter of fine-tuning these bits and pieces to get it all working together.

Nobody buys a guitar and starts playing it without turning the knobs and tuning in each string.

Couldn't agree more.

But some are not technically minded when it comes to computers. And that's what these forums are for, along with the other ones I mentioned.

Sometimes Steam won't work, but it may not be Steams fault. It could the firewall, the anti-virus, ad-aware, some malware on the computer, some issue with the configuration of a person router.

Yeh Steam isn't working. But it has to interact with a lot of bits and pieces. It's a matter of fine-tuning these bits and pieces to get it all working together.

Nobody buys a guitar and starts playing it without turning the knobs and tuning in each string.

Well said. :)

Do you want to know why fm may not work for people? It goes right down to people not taking care of their computers. For example, this whole "Verify integrity" on steam is because parts of the hard drive are corrupt and steam can't read the data properly! If people actually took the time to actually look after their computers then there wouldn't be a problem!!

If you have problems with the game, read the FAQ! Too many people today expect everything to be done for them and when it doesn't they go crying about it!! Too many people are that lazy that they cannot bother to read a thread or even google the matter!!!! They expect the answer to be right in front of their faces!

For goodness sake, use common sense!!!

Many? I doubt that. Steam has 3-4 million users on at any given time and it's the most respected digital distribution platform, it's impossible to prevent a few small problems. But if you stopped complaining and actually did something about it, perhaps you'd have a fix in no time.
have you considered thart maybe just maybe with the hundreds of us with perfectly working steam/FM that it could be an issue with YOUR system and not steam? all the problems on here I can bet that most of them have to do with registry conflicts on the users own PC.
Couldn't agree more.

Well said. :)
Do you want to know why fm may not work for people? It goes right down to people not taking care of their computers. For example, this whole "Verify integrity" on steam is because parts of the hard drive are corrupt and steam can't read the data properly! If people actually took the time to actually look after their computers then there wouldn't be a problem!!

If you have problems with the game, read the FAQ! Too many people today expect everything to be done for them and when it doesn't they go crying about it!! Too many people are that lazy that they cannot bother to read a thread or even google the matter!!!! They expect the answer to be right in front of their faces!

Interesting thread, especially post #30 Neil Brock;

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/283048-Absolute-Joke

Well said - I get fed up with people who have tried nothing and expect everything.

Genuine issues get lots of help on here but I bet many users never clean their PC's and by that I mean from getting rid of dust inside of the PC and that does make a diffference to registry and defrag cleans and malware and spyware checks. Updated drivers and so on.

I use Steam on 4 PCs/laptops never had an issue, which is good for me but for those that do get issues there is generally an easy soloution. It amazes me how many of these threads turn into arguments over very little. ;) I believe that were there is an issue SI are taking it up with Steam.

The only big issue I see is that related to Macs. (and the one reported above)

MoMan - that's not entirely true. I bought a brand new computer, built from scratch, all new parts. I had to rebuild and verify the integrity of the cache too, it was because my Graphics Card Drive was not up to date.

Low and behold! I had to go to a 3rd party site to download the correct driver for my computer!!! Son of a bee sting, imagine that, using 3rd party software to run FM12!!!

People assume that Steam is the only 3rd party software that is required to run FM12. It's not true. There are many 3rd party products, including hardware and software required. If Steam doesn't work, it may not be Steams fault, it could be 1 of the many other things on your computer.

There are plenty of people who have reported issue's and on the steam forums there is a thread with 20ish comments about it not working. I dont care if steam has 5 billion customers: I have paid money for a product and it is not working, I have raised this issue: I have actually done something about it. I have done the fixes suggested I now have to wait for it to re-install. I am now complaining because something I have bought is not working and I have a right to:

A: expect it to work

B: complain.

Your comment served no purpose.

There are plenty of people who have reported issue's and on the steam forums there is a thread with 20ish comments about it not working. I dont care if steam has 5 billion customers: I have paid money for a product and it is not working, I have raised this issue: I have actually done something about it. I have done the fixes suggested I now have to wait for it to re-install. I am now complaining because something I have bought is not working and I have a right to:

A: expect it to work

B: complain.

Your comment served no purpose.

Your bashing serves no purpose either mate. Hm, 20 out of 30 million accounts. Seems like a damn great ratio! Perhaps if you stopped sitting here responding negatively and egocentrically to everyone who tells you something in a decent manner, you'd have this problem fixed by now.

Well said - I get fed up with people who have tried nothing and expect everything.

Sorry if you read my opening post i actually am asking for help. Sorry I dont have a degree in computer science and know how to immediately fix every problem on my laptop straight away. My computer is actually up to date, all software updates were done two days ago but then how am I meant to know it could hold a problem.

Your bashing serves no purpose either mate. Hm, 20 out of 30 million accounts. Seems like a damn great ratio! Perhaps if you stopped sitting here responding negatively and egocentrically to everyone who tells you something in a decent manner, you'd have this problem fixed by now.

I am waiting for the problem to be fixed if you read my post Re re-installing. what I am doing here is defending my right to moan when something I am paying for isn't working. I dont knwo much about computers, so these forums are really useful for getting help and people seem just to be bashing me for using them. My apologies if I have come over as an ego maniac but I am annoyed for the already supplied reasons.

Can I just pop this in here for anyone who hasn't seen it and thinks its an issue on my side.

From Neil Brock:

"It is related to Steam, but the majority of people can resolve this problem by following these instructions - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7228260

We are in discussions with Steam to get to the bottom of this and make sure it never happens again. We apologise to anyone who has encountered this"

I found a Support Thread on Steam relating to your issue

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4595-wexn-6831

This is what I googled: steam game unavailable at this time

Apologies if this has been suggested already or if you've tried these steps already. I didn't see them already posted in this thread.

Also make sure that if you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7 that you follow the link directly under "Answer" .

Sorry if you read my opening post i actually am asking for help. Sorry I dont have a degree in computer science and know how to immediately fix every problem on my laptop straight away. My computer is actually up to date, all software updates were done two days ago but then how am I meant to know it could hold a problem.

Download the following software:

CCleaner

Malware bytes anti malware

avast anti virus

Do the following:

1 uninstall any anti virus you have on your system. install avast, ccleaner and malware bytes

2 Run a full system scan with avast and remove any threats found. when it promots you to do a boot scan (a full system scan done after you restart) allow it to. restart computer and let the boot scan run fully also deleting any threats found

3 Do a full system scan with malware bytes and delete anything it finds.

4 Run a full system scan with ccleaner deleting anything is bring up. in ccleaner go to the registry cleaner option and scan/ fix all issues. re run the registry scan and fix all issues untill the scan brings back no results.

5 defrag your hard drive

if that fails try this AFTER

uninstall FM, uninstall steam. go to c:/program files/si games and delete the whole si games folder. go to c:/program files/steam and delete that file go to my documents and delete you si games folder in there as well. run ccleaner on a normal scan removing any data it finds. run ccleaners registry scan fixing all issues and keep re scanning till it come sup with no errors.

restart computer

download steam

download fm

play

CCleaner

avast anti virus

Do the following:

1 uninstall any anti virus you have on your system. install avast, ccleaner and malware bytes

2 Run a full system scan with avast and remove any threats found. when it promots you to do a boot scan (a full system scan done after you restart) allow it to. restart computer and let the boot scan run fully also deleting any threats found

4 Run a full system scan with ccleaner deleting anything is bring up. in ccleaner go to the registry cleaner option and scan/ fix all issues. re run the registry scan and fix all issues untill the scan brings back no results.

5 defrag your hard drive

uninstall FM, uninstall steam. go to c:/program files/si games and delete the whole si games folder. go to c:/program files/steam and delete that file go to my documents and delete you si games folder in there as well. run ccleaner on a normal scan removing any data it finds. run ccleaners registry scan fixing all issues and keep re scanning till it come sup with no errors.

restart computer

download steam

download fm

play

Excellent advice maybe that was what I should have given to the OP. I use AVG but believe that can sometimes conflict with Steam so Avast appears to be a better program.

All those software programs are free and easy to use.

CCleaner

avast anti virus

Do the following:

5 defrag your hard drive

restart computer

download steam

download fm

play

Great advice. Microsoft Security Essentials works well too if you want something easy.

Avast or Microsoft Security Essentials are both great anti virus programs. I have not tried AVG while using steam, I switched over to avast right before the FM12 release because AVG is becoming quite the resource pig after the last couple updates. plus avast found a couple errors that AVG did not.

I was talking about SI, not Steam. And there is no solution to my problem.

MoMan - that's not entirely true. I bought a brand new computer, built from scratch, all new parts. I had to rebuild and verify the integrity of the cache too, it was because my Graphics Card Drive was not up to date.

Low and behold! I had to go to a 3rd party site to download the correct driver for my computer!!! Son of a bee sting, imagine that, using 3rd party software to run FM12!!!

People assume that Steam is the only 3rd party software that is required to run FM12. It's not true. There are many 3rd party products, including hardware and software required. If Steam doesn't work, it may not be Steams fault, it could be 1 of the many other things on your computer.

But none of the other 3rd party stuff is packaged with the game, Steam is, if SI distribute Steam with the game because they require you to use it then they should support it.

Archived