Is there gonna be an 8.0.3 patch?

8.0.2 has a lot of bugs, so I was wondering if SI would release an 8.0.3 patch, maybe a mother's day gift on 8th Marchicon_biggrin.gif

I'm having a lot of fun right now with my 8.0.1 beta pach savegame (the only obvious bug I found is the super stats pf psyhios in game), but I would like a final 8.0.3 to sort most of the problems.

FM 08 really needs an 8.0.3 patch, just like FM 05 had 5.0.3 and 5.0.5 and FM 06 had 6.0.3.

8.0.2 has a lot of bugs, so I was wondering if SI would release an 8.0.3 patch, maybe a mother's day gift on 8th Marchicon_biggrin.gif

I'm having a lot of fun right now with my 8.0.1 beta pach savegame (the only obvious bug I found is the super stats pf psyhios in game), but I would like a final 8.0.3 to sort most of the problems.

FM 08 really needs an 8.0.3 patch, just like FM 05 had 5.0.3 and 5.0.5 and FM 06 had 6.0.3.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dingle_eater:

There is no need for an 8.0.3 patch IMO. The game is starting to live up to its potential now I think, I just want the sliders more detailed or a guide on how they work and what does what. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats been covered plenty of times in the tactics forum.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cleon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dingle_eater:

There is no need for an 8.0.3 patch IMO. The game is starting to live up to its potential now I think, I just want the sliders more detailed or a guide on how they work and what does what. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats been covered plenty of times in the tactics forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes by players who play the game not the people that actually create the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

The game is perfectly playable with 8.02 imo, one or two issues for sure but what game hasn't? icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, the only thing that needs fixing is the corner routine that allows you to score corners almost at will.

That, however, can be worked around and is probably not worth bringing out a whole new patch for, as long as it's sorted in FM09.

I think that 8.0.2 is quite good but a 3rd patch(8.0.3) would be great and really optimze the game.

It would nice if SI could tell us if there will be a 8.0.3. They have said that there are no plans for this, but they may change their mind. So I would be thankful to know for sure if there will be a 8.0.3 or not, so I know if I can start a long-term game now, or wait for 8.0.3 icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deza:

I think that 8.0.2 is quite good but a 3rd patch(8.0.3) would be great and really optimze the game.

It would nice if SI could tell us if there will be a 8.0.3. They have said that there are no plans for this, but they may change their mind. So I would be thankful to know for sure if there will be a 8.0.3 or not, so I know if I can start a long-term game now, or wait for 8.0.3 icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paul C has stated there will be no new patch. and imoa it does not need a new patch.

I think SI have mentioned they would only potential release a further patch if there were some key issues in the 8.02 patch

My feeling, and from what appears to be most peoples feedback here (don't flame me), most people seem OK with the current version and better

On this basis it would appear very unlikely for a further patch

I'd rather they use the time now going forward to work on FM09 and to start the testing of FM09 in sufficient time to allow all the key issues to be resolved and retested before going gold. This was perhaps one of the key issues with FM08

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by big_bob:

FM 08 really needs an 8.0.3 patch, just like FM 05 had 5.0.3 and 5.0.5 and FM 06 had 6.0.3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have already contributed in this thread but just thought of something else to ask. What are the bugs you are encountering in 8.0.2 you havent actually said. Is it bugs or just the fact your not winning??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cleon:

Thats been covered plenty of times in the tactics forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes by players who play the game not the people that actually create the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, it's all speculation. It would be nice for the manual of 09 to actually cover this or one of the creators to go into detail on it this game.

I would have like Board confidence fixed because I find that unacceptable. Unless you over achieve every single year you will get sacked. Means very unlikely to get a long career at one club.

Other than that, the game is excellent so I would think there will be no patch from now on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve20:

I would have like Board confidence fixed because I find that unacceptable. Unless you over achieve every single year you will get sacked. Means very unlikely to get a long career at one club.

Other than that, the game is excellent so I would think there will be no patch from now on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am sorry but this is just not true. I have 2 saves going, one is lower league hampton and richmond and one as spurs. Both saves are now ongoing for 20 seasons.

So to say you can not have a long term game is completly false. Yes sometimes the board are to unhappy if you dont do well in a certain competition , but as long as you are not terrible in all i have never been sacked.

Well all depends what you want from game.

Play 8.0.2 if you want easy 1 tactics beats all 7:5 and 8:3 auto-pilot game, and you are not playing leagues that have team registrations.And thats without corner exploit.

If you want more of the fight and to make some effort with less "supergoal" fests, then play 8.0.1 beta or even better 7.0.2 in 07. I went back to that(07) and it's nice to see AI scoring out of decently built actions.

SI made it clear that there will be no more patches(sadly).That leaves you with those 2 choices.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bod1035:

I am sorry but this is just not true. I have 2 saves going, one is lower league hampton and richmond and one as spurs. Both saves are now ongoing for 20 seasons.

So to say you can not have a long term game is completly false. Yes sometimes the board are to unhappy if you dont do well in a certain competition , but as long as you are not terrible in all i have never been sacked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry but have to call you up on this... Got sacked in my eighth year at Spurs after winning my 3rd league title. I had also previously won Champs League, UEFA Cup, 2 x FA Cup and 2 X League Cup. It was definitely a bug- board had told me "long term expectations not achieved" when I had. Definitely unfair but hey-ho.

Archived