Slow response on screens

Noticed on FM12 that there is some serious slow response time when i click on fixtures, backroom advice,

job screen (this was in FM11 as well), going into matches,

I can't remember, at the moment, if there are any more screens that are slow to load.

It can take up to 1-3 seconds before the screens pop up.

Never had a problem like that on FM11, apart from the job screen.

What i'm wondering is if the amount of players loaded has anything to do with it or not.

I've loaded approximately 125k players into my game, with approximately 112 leagues.

Many of them on view only.

I don't know the exact amount of leagues and countries loaded, as i just can't remember.

Could count them, i suppose, but don't really want to unless i really have to :D

Computer recommended 125k players as maximum.

I'm running with this setup:

ASUS Q6700 overclocked to 3.34 GHz.

8 GB DDR2 RAM

1TB HDD with 650GB available space.

Dual screen with the game on one monitor, where the game is running in windowed mode. Maximized on a 1920 x 1200 resolution.

Tried with the default skin and downloaded skin, but that doesn't make a difference for me.

Is this something else have noticed or is it just here?

I run minimum of processes and i have defragmented.

Any tips/help are appreciated.

My set-up is very similar to your and i'm not experiencing any problems whatsoever with my game, i have pretty much the same players/leagues loaded up as you as well so i've no idea whats wrong with your game :(

Hm. Probably a problem at this end then.

Wouldn't happen to know what a normal cpu temperature is, would you?

Just realised that the temperature here is higher than normal.

Mine's instant on all screens, even when changing dynamic searching, could it be something else you have running causing it to hang? just a thought really.

Might try to defragment cache files in Steam. Haven't tried that yet.

Have a sneaky feeling it has got something to do with me - watercooler - cpu - thermal paste :p

I always thought this was a common thing. Had it in every FM I can think of, and have it now with a very solid gaming rig. Game lagging for like half a second when clicking on something. On... most screens basically.

Just have to mention that previous FMs didn't have these problems, on my setup. Apart from the job screen on FM11.

Weird stuff.

Might try to defragment cache files in Steam. Haven't tried that yet.

Have a sneaky feeling it has got something to do with me - watercooler - cpu - thermal paste :p

More likely your GPU I'd say, they get horribly hot.

More likely your GPU I'd say, they get horribly hot.

Now that you mention it. I did move my graphics card to another slot when i was putting on new thermal paste.

An nVidia GeForce GTX260.

Think i will try some different settings in nvidias control panel, and if that doesn't work i'll move the graphics card back to the old slot.

Thanks for the reminder.....without reminding :D:thup:

GPU temperature is between 45-55 degrees Celsius.

No idea if that is low, normal or high temperature.

This is according to GPU-Z. Don't know how accurate and reliable that is.

CPU though, according to CoreTemp is on 65-70 when FM is loaded but idle.

While processing it can hit temperatures up to 83 degrees.

Isn't that a tad hot? Could that be part of the problem?

Nah, neither of those are overly hot.

Too bad. Because then i would know what to do.

Guess i have to really look for something that is slowing FM12 down then, from stuff that is still running in the background.

Thanks for the help :thup:

If anyone does get an amazing idea about what it can be, give it a shout.

I've running the game for a week without problems. Suddenly start working very slow on my macbook pro. It's really annoying and weird because I bought my macbook last christmas. Only liga BBVA loaded with big database. ISN'T NORMAL

I always find the board interaction slow.

Same here, I don't get the lags that the OP has posted.

But I get a lag on private chats with players/staff, when I'm praising a player for his last match/ recent form. There's a lag after clicking on the responses etc.

Unlikely as it seems, something as simple as a Java update?

That is definitely a possibility, as i did update Java not too long ago. In that case, should i try to revert to an older Java version?

more than viable matt ...also video drivers

Video drivers should be up to date here, but i'll double check.

-EDIT-

Graphics drivers are up to date.

After paying a bit more attention to what screens are lagging, the worst ones are club fixtures, clicking submit team and job centre.

I've removed a few leagues as well now, to see if that helps a bit; but i won't find out quite yet, as they're still active.

A few in-game months and i'll know.

-EDIT 2-

Slight correction. It wasn't the submit team, but when clicking match preview.

Think i have to pay even more attention :D

As i'm running on a 64-bit system, i just installed a 64-bit version of Java.

Seems to have worked wonders for me.

Don't actually know if that IS the solution, but it sure has become more responsive after i installed it.

Anyone knowledgeable enough to comment on if that can make a difference or if it's just a coincidence are more than welcome with a comment and/or theory.

Archived