So you think you've got fixture congestion?!

Put that in yer pipe and smoke it!

Now come and complain about your fixture congestion if you dare icon_razz.gif That was from FM06, but I'm guessing nothing much have changed since it was Iceland and a freaky mix of Intertoto cup football and their opponents also having clashing matches causing lots of postponements. It wasn't me managing them btw, I was managing Grindavik and IA Akranes who finished top 2 in the division and Fram were pretty comfortably on their own in 5th, but could perhaps have snatched 4th had they won more of those games.

Now come and complain about your fixture congestion if you dare icon_razz.gif That was from FM06, but I'm guessing nothing much have changed since it was Iceland and a freaky mix of Intertoto cup football and their opponents also having clashing matches causing lots of postponements. It wasn't me managing them btw, I was managing Grindavik and IA Akranes who finished top 2 in the division and Fram were pretty comfortably on their own in 5th, but could perhaps have snatched 4th had they won more of those games.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frogsplash:

Wow all those games at home as well, the pitch will look shocking, nearly as bad as the JJB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just as well most of them were at home though. Admittedly most of those Icelandic teams are based in a fairly small area of Iceland, but you wouldn't want to have to travel to away games on 5 successive days!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frogsplash:

Wow all those games at home as well, the pitch will look shocking, nearly as bad as the JJB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheeky! actually............

we have no pitch!

Sorry, hopefully This is clearer.

My experiment was setting up two massive clubs in the Blue Square Northern league, each identical. I was managing one, the other managed by a 200 CA manager. I wanted to see how differently our clubs would pregress.

I got so many games posponed due to progressing in all cups entered.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

Now come and complain about your fixture congestion if you dare icon_razz.gif That was from FM06, but I'm guessing nothing much have changed since it was Iceland and a freaky mix of Intertoto cup football and their opponents also having clashing matches causing lots of postponements. It wasn't me managing them btw, I was managing Grindavik and IA Akranes who finished top 2 in the division and Fram were pretty comfortably on their own in 5th, but could perhaps have snatched 4th had they won more of those games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Impressive.!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris Waddle:

Sorry, hopefully This is clearer.

My experiment was setting up two massive clubs in the Blue Square Northern league, each identical. I was managing one, the other managed by a 200 CA manager. I wanted to see how differently our clubs would pregress. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what happened?

Sorry, not meaning to hijack the thread; here's a quick overview.

Alfreton (the other team I set up) were by far the dominant team in the first year. They completely kicked my ass.

Over the following years I managed to pretty much keep all my players and staff, whilst Alfreton sold every player and all the staff left.

My team became the dominating European club whilst Alfreton stagnated as a rich premiership team.

The fixture congestion shown was pretty much a common occurance every season. It would often be compounded when just about all my first team squad would be on internationals; with major games still to be played and no postponements. Several games had to be played with greyed out players.

Was very interesting to see how the AI run team basically imploded after season 1.

To be honest though you'd expect that if you are playing in Europe in League 2 because it is a totally unrealistic scenario! Obviously if it were ever to happen in real life (although if a League 2 cup ever won the FA cup I doubt they'd progress at all in Europe anyway!) something would probably be done regarding fixtures, but the FM fixture computer probably just can't deal with such unusual circumstances.

Same is partly true in Iceland although an Icelandic club progressing through a few rounds of the Intertoto cup is not that outlandish a prospect! It is tricky though in Iceland because they have a summer league so Intertoto and UEFA cup qualifiers clash with league games. When I won the Champions League with Grindavik there was no fixture problem at all because almost all the matches took place in our off-season. The only problem was that my players had no holiday for ~4 years because of our progress in the Champions League meaning that one season just rolled on into the next without any break - we were beginning our new league season whilst still playing in Europe from the previous season.

Archived