[Mac] FM2012 won't launch. No errors during launch. Did the update to 12.0.4 fail?

LSS

Nothing happens when I try to launch the game.

But when I try to quit Steam it says "Waiting for FM2012 to shut down."

Then gives a Steam Error and ask me to to close the game.

However, the game is not shown in the Dock or in the Activity Monitor, so it's definitely not running.

I have tried verifying and defragmenting the game files many times, but no help.

What should I try next?

Yeah exact same issue for me - I have a thread going about this. I'm on a MacBook Pro with OSX Lion. Was working fine, FM2012 got updated and now it doesn't work. Infuriating. Paid hard earned money for this game only for it not to work when I want to use it! Very close to returning it to be honest.

I'm having the same problem on my Macbook Pro

Steam seems to have crashed, and I can't close it down. It keeps asking me to close down FM but FM isn't running.

It's frustrating that, having paid £30 for the game, I can't play it because Steam isn't working. This is the second time in a week that I've not been able to play the game because of a problem with Steam - frustrating.

Mine is working again!!

Followed Matt's link, about the blob.

Exit from Steam and go to the ~/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps and delete any listed .ncf files for the specific games.

Once you have deleted them, re-open stream from THE STREAM LINK not the FM12 shortcut. Then it will ask you to INSTALL again, this will re-download the patch and will hopefully make FM work again!

Mine is working again!!

Followed Matt's link, about the blob.

Exit from Steam and go to the ~/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps and delete any listed .ncf files for the specific games.

Once you have deleted them, re-open stream from THE STREAM LINK not the FM12 shortcut. Then it will ask you to INSTALL again, this will re-download the patch and will hopefully make FM work again!

I'll give this a go, although I'm new to Mac and it's probably going to take me time to find it.

It's frustrating to have to go to these lengths to play a game I've already paid for... *sigh*

Had the same problem on my mac and this worked, thanks Terry. For anybody wondering on a mac you need to delete the .ncf files in -

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps

I have to Echo howard moon, it is not acceptable that you bay £30 (or €45 in some places!) for a game and then you end up having to trawl through forums and files for work-a-rounds just to get it to launch. I had issues last week having to delete cache files and now this. I understand why SI went steam for pirating reasons, but really this needs to be sorted out or will this happen every time there is an update...

Archived