Press Conferences - Needs vast improvement

With all the new changes to the team talks, team meetings and individual meetings, I as surprised to see the press conferences vastly unchanged. I think a LOT of depth could be added to the game here.

For example - I am Sheffield Wednesday, and just had my first league cup game, away to Leicester, so I was never expected to win (I only lost 2-1 by the way).

The problem is, the press conferences are generic and don't take into account questions about the vast changes I made to my team or anything like that, so when I get a question about whether i'd consider changes after the defeat, i'm naturally going to say no, because it doesn't make sense.

then I get a news report afterwards, focusing on "Drawmer refuses changes".

To be honest, I jsut want to see a lot more depth in questions, as well as the ability to apply the same assertive, calm, passionate etc. filters to the things I say. I realise it's impossible to make press conferences realistic simply because you'd have to be able to type your own responses and game pick up on your answers, but surely more possible answers, and more applicable questions would make sense - it gets boring, but you have to do them to give the right answers for your squad.

Elsewhere, I think the game is FANTASTIC!

thoughts?

I don't see the point of the pre match team talks. I'm always told to say the same thing. Every game.

If I don't, the squad isn't motivated. If I do, the entire team is happy.

Once you've used it too often, you have to resort to defence/midfield/attack team talks....saying the same thing that you just told the whole squad. And presto! it works!

I like the team talks now there's just so much more variety, but the press conferences just haven't changed for the last couple of years and doesn't make much difference unless you literally give a ridiculous comment. Team talks seem to work well with different players responding well / badly to different things.

Archived