The Second Annual FMCU Awards! TONIGHT ONLY!

Deisler26

400px-ChineseTheater.jpg

"Hi there! And welcome to our coverage of the second annual FMCU awards

There are already people gathering here at the Forum, waiting for a chance to see the stars of the FMCU threads.

Stay tuned for our pre-awards coverage, continuing all the way up to 9pm when the awards themselves will kick off"

"Due to the fact that Kim Kardashian had bought 72 days of network time from marriage to divorce, we were somewhat delayed in bringing you this presentation, but never fear, we are just 90 mins away from the main event!"

:D Good one!

And now I will find out what this award is about. :)

And let's check in with Claire. Claire?

"Hi D! It's great to be back again, reporting live from the red carpet! So far, we haven't seen many of the various posters who are up for an award, but as you know, it's ALWAYS good to be fashionably late!"

Thanks Claire, see you soon!

And we're cutting live to Claire on the red carpet

Michelle_Red_Carpet.jpg

"Hi D! We've just caught a glimpse of AK22 on the carpet, we don't think he's up for an award, but he is still turning heads in the lucky silver shoes that Raware wore last year!"

Any more on other guests, Claire?

"Sorry, D! Nothing so far, but the last of the paparazzi are streaming in, so we should have this show on the road soon!"

And we're back to Claire, Claire?

"Hi D! We just had the most amazing entrance! hrbfcrule just abseiled down from a helicopter, unzipped his flight suit and emerged, wearing a designer tux. If there were points for flashiness, this guy would win, hands down!"

Anyone else?

"Yep! We had SnakeXe strutt down the carpet, replete with Armani suit, slicked back hair on a ponytail and a general air of arrogance. Looks like all that time spent in Italy has rubbed off on him! Back to you!"

Thanks Claire!

KodakTheatre.jpg

We're inside this beautiful venue and the final stragglers are taking their seats for what promises to be an excellent night of award-based fun!

*voiceover*

"Laaaaaaaaaaaaaadies and gentleman! Welcome to the Second Annual FMCU Awards!!! And now, to kick the proceedings off, give it up for... HALF MAN, HALF BISCUIT!"

[video=youtube;na12OyJEgJ8]

Woooh! *claps* Wasn't that great? Yeah!

I'm afraid I have some bad news actually... Last year's co-host, Anne Hathaway, couldn't be here tonight as she's just got Burnley back into the Premier League and she's only got a £1m budget to keep them up, so I'll hand things over to my new co-presenter.... MEGAN FOX!

megan-fox-scream-awards.jpg

"Hi everyone! Thank you so much for coming! Gee, this is a lot different to having to stand next to giant robots all day!"

*audience laughs*

"Yep! We had SnakeXe strutt down the carpet, replete with Armani suit, slicked back hair on a ponytail and a general air of arrogance. Looks like all that time spent in Italy has rubbed off on him! Back to you!"

It's like you know me... :cool:

So, on to our first award! This is for the BEST FMCU POSTER. Last year's winner, Raware, made a strong showing again and it came down to the final three nominees.

Raware

rancer890

Flamers

And the winner is... Megan?

"The winner is....*rip*... rancer890!!"

*applause*

Wow! Congrats to the Canuck in the flannel shirt. That looks the same one as last year? It is? Oh...

Right! Megan?

"We now come to the second award of the evening, the Best FMCU Thread Name, You can pun, you can play on words, but only the best one will let FMCU..."

*audience groan*

Here are the nominees

Messi, Nah? - SnakeXe

Ingolstadt, Outgolstadt, In, Out, In, Out, Shake It All About - Me

Stats Are Like Miniskirts; They Give You Good Ideas, But Hide The Important Things - Cougar 2010

"And the winner is...*rip*....Cougar2010 for "Stats Are Like Miniskirts; They Give You Good Ideas, But Hide The Important Things"

Congratz Cougar2010 and rancer890

"Hi D! We just had the most amazing entrance! hrbfcrule just abseiled down from a helicopter, unzipped his flight suit and emerged, wearing a designer tux. If there were points for flashiness, this guy would win, hands down!"

Sounds just like me :D

Thank guys! You're sounding great tonight!

And now on to our third award, the FMCU Fountain of Youth award, this really is for those careers who have kept on going and going and going. All with their own grown players.

The nominees are, Megan?

"Thanks! The nominees are;

IK Tord - Becoming the best in Europe using only youth products - hrbfcrule

dafuge on tour - dafuge

SK Vard Haugesund - Give the Youth a Chance - Dune297

And the winner iiiisss....... hrbfcrule for "IK Tord - Becoming the best in Europe using only youth products"!

*applause*

Thanks everyone! :D

reporter.jpg

"Hi, rancer890? Jennifer here from FMCUTV(BBCITVVCDFCandBar)! Congratulations on your win! However, I have to ask, you appeared last year in the flannel shirt and ripped jeans. Is this still the fashion in the frozen wastes of Canada? Also, how does it feel to have won an award this year?"

Sorry, arrived late after playing squash :D. I'm still in my gym gear and a bit sweaty but nevertheless I've slipped on those silver shoes and it got me into the VIP area :D

Well done to rancer, Cougar and hrbfcrule :thup:.

reporter.jpg

"Hi, SnakeXe? I'm Jennifer with FMCU.TV. Can I ask you how it feels for no-one to get your pun? Will you be relying on a new one for next year? Or will you just be always misunderstood?"

Hi Jennifer! My new thread title isn't quite a pun, but it is a riff on another Ricky Gervais comedy, this time The Office. A slightly more well-know quote this time, and I explained it in the OP just to be sure!

I'm slightly disappointed noone got the double entendre, as it means they haven't discovered the delights of Karl Pilkington's tiny round mind, but not entirely surprised.

Ladies and gentlemen! It is time for another award! Megan? A costume change, I see

megan-fox-scream-awards-01.jpg

"That's right, D! A girl can only weep into one dress so much after losing the Champions League Final!"

Hahahaha, I agree! The next award?

"The next award is the FMCU Under-The-Radar award! This award is for the posters who were mainly unknown before FM11 and have burst onto the scene! The nominees are..."

Flamers

AK22

Noikee

All of these nominees were worthy of winning, but the winner is.....*rip*.... Flamers for his contributions and thread, titled "The Ice Cream Dream"

*applause*

reporter.jpg

"Hi, rancer890? Jennifer here from FMCUTV(BBCITVVCDFCandBar)! Congratulations on your win! However, I have to ask, you appeared last year in the flannel shirt and ripped jeans. Is this still the fashion in the frozen wastes of Canada? Also, how does it feel to have won an award this year?"

"Definitely! My appearance last year in the flannel shirt and ripped jeans only resulted in a fashion craze coast to coast across Canada from Victoria to St. John's! It's the only thing 'in' in the country these days! Pffft, nothing beats a flannel shirt and ripped jeans, nothing!

And it feels fantastic to have won an award this year. The other 2 finalists, Raware and Flamers are FMCU posters who I respect very much and to have won this award means a lot to me. Thank you all!"

Thanks everyone and congratz flamers :)

reporter.jpg

"Hi, hrbfcrule! Jennifer from FMCU.TV here! I thought I'd have to catch you before you have to put the kids to bed! Are you happy with your award? Will you be doing this same this year? Or will you just take over Man City and buy it all?"

We're now onto the juicy tailend of the show now! Megan? Another costume change?

Megan-MTV-awards-08-megan-fox-1451291-849-1222.jpg

"Well, during the interval, I lost 0-1 to Wigan as Man City, through their only shot on goal, even though I had 26. So I had to change a *slightly* ripped dress..."

Hahaha, it happens to all of us, Megan. Next award?

"The next award is the Best FMCU Career award! This goes to the person who has entertained everyone with their writing, their escapades and their successes! The nominees are..."

dafuge on tour - dafuge

Way Of The Dragon - rancer890

Messi? Nah - SnakeXe

"And the winner is?....*rip*..... dafuge for "dafuge on tour"!!"

"Hi, hrbfcrule! Jennifer from FMCU.TV here! I thought I'd have to catch you before you have to put the kids to bed! Are you happy with your award? Will you be doing this same this year? Or will you just take over Man City and buy it all?"

I am very happy with my award. It is tempting just buying Man City and most likely ruining them but I think i'll stick with Tord.

Would like to say thanks for everyone who voted and congratulations to all the winners.

Archived