Youth trialist question..

Hey, I've just been looking through my next bunch of Youth candiates, and one of the players is a local lad/his favoured club and has a 5 star potential.

On his report screen, it say's he could become a top League One right back in the future (we are currently playing in the Blue Square Bet Premier) so I quickly offered him a Youth Contract.

Then he picked up an injury in the Stockport Youth Candidates V Stockport U-18's game, and I just got a inbox message saying:

'the board have cancelled the transfer of Kurt Llamas after he failed his medical'

He's only injured for 3 months, so he should be more than ready for next seasons Youth Team.

But I can't add him to my shortlist or anything. So if I can't offer him a contract before his trial expires, will he just disappear from the game?

I hope not, it would be a bit frustrating if you can't offer a Youth Trialist a deal if he's injured.

Well, I'm about to find out if he just vanishes from the game..

C4bUq.jpg

3uD2f.jpg

NCRtt.jpg

I thought I'd leave it untill the near the end of his trial when his injury will be less longer, but the board have still blocked it and his trial ends in a week.

I'll be really gutted if I lose this Youth candidate. I assume Youth regens like this, don't come along very often for a team like Stockport in the Blue Square Premier.

I think FM should give you a physio report before buying and let you decide if you want to continue with the signing or not. It's terrible, after all these years we can't sign or sell players on injury. Even if he's going to sign for next transfer window

I think FM should give you a physio report before buying and let you decide if you want to continue with the signing or not. It's terrible, after all these years we can't sign or sell players on injury. Even if he's going to sign for next transfer window

Totally agree with this - the board shouldn't make the decision about signing a player based on the medical, it should be down to you, and would actually be a good features (certain players highlight as naturally unfit, or injury prone, or that they're out for 6 months and you make the call).

Cuidado! Llamas!

But I don't know what happens, but I am quite interested actually. Just in case it will happen to me in the future

He's still on the game as a free agent, so some good news. :thup:

Although now when I click the 'approach to sign' button, it says this:

QDHJD.jpg

I can offer him a trial though if I click on the 'transfer offer' button, next to the 'contract offer' button..

Totally agree with this - the board shouldn't make the decision about signing a player based on the medical, it should be down to you, and would actually be a good features (certain players highlight as naturally unfit, or injury prone, or that they're out for 6 months and you make the call).

Didn't Aston Villa sign Stuart Downing for £10million ish, when he had just had an operation after a foot injury, and was ruled out for at least 4 months? I remember Downing being on Crutches at the time the deal was completed.

Seem to remember Martin O'neill saying something like, this signing is not about the next 4 months.. it's about the next 4 years.

Or something like that. :D

Someone might be able to put me straight, but I believe Lazio continued with the transfer of Paul Gascoigne and Man Utd with the transfer of Ruud Van Nistlerooy even though they had long term injuries?

I think in both of those examples the clubs came back when the players regained fitness. Gascoigne was due to sign for Lazio in 1991 before he did his knee, and I think he finally signed in summer 1992. Van Nistelrooy was due to go to Man Utd in 2000 but that deal didn't go through until 2001.

He's still on the game as a free agent, so some good news. :thup:

Although now when I click the 'approach to sign' button, it says this:

QDHJD.jpg

I can offer him a trial though if I click on the 'transfer offer' button, next to the 'contract offer' button..

Gutted!

He snubbed a trial with me, he was not interested in joining his former club.

So I thought I'd leave it and try again at the end of the season. I've just gotten to the new pre-season, and I tried searching for him but he's not on the game anymore.. he must have retired. (I thought I had him on my shortlist, but I remembered I couldn't add him to my shortlist whilst he was on Trial, and then forgot to add him to my shortlist once he left the club)

That sucks, lost out on a local lad who had the potential to be a great player for us, because he picked up an injury at the one time the game couldn't handle.

Gets injured, board block the transfer for one of it's own recommended Youth candidates because he's injured for 2 months (he's 15, I'm sure the board can see past 2 months) so he leaves the club and has no interest of coming back after we let him go... and now he's retired. :(

Archived