Fixed 'game is currently unavailable' now it wont start properly?

So I had to do that cache thing on Steam to get FM12 to download the update, but now when I double click on the FM12 schortcut on my desktop, it only loads up Steam, I then have to click on 'Play' on Steam for it to load up FM12, where as before when I clicked on the desktop link, it would just load up Steam and FM12? What is going on and how do I sort it as it is annoying the hell out of me???

Steve

Did you check what your FM12 shortcut actually takes you to? Is it supposed to be taking you to FM12 or has it somehow changed to a link to something in Steam instead?

Yeah If i load up steam sepretately, then click on the FM12 shortcut, it loads up FM fine, but it used to load Steam and FM at the same time, now it doesn't!

Steve

Delete the desktop shortcut, go to your library in Steam, right click on FM12 and create a new desktop shortcut. Should work.

Ok tried that, and it still wont work? All it does is load up Steam, then I have to click on FM12 again to start it up?!

Steve

Yeah I have, and that works fine. Its not that the FM12 desktop shortcut doesn't work at all, its that when I double click on it, it loads up Steam on its own, I then have to click on the desktop shortcut AGAIN to load up FM12, where as before, when I clicked on the FM12 shortcut it would load up both Steam and FM12???

Steve

I've got exactly the same thing so you're not imagining it, I've also tried pinning it to the task bar and booting from there but it still only boots Steam, only since the last patch.

It's not life threatening but I'll experiment some tomorrow to see if it's fixable, might just need a cache refresh.

I've got exactly the same thing so you're not imagining it, I've also tried pinning it to the task bar and booting from there but it still only boots Steam, only since the last patch.

It's not life threatening but I'll experiment some tomorrow to see if it's fixable, might just need a cache refresh.

Kriss

Will you keep me updated if you find a fix mate, I know what you mean, not life threatening, just annoying and would like it back to the way it was!

Steve

Archived