player criticising my teamtalks

ok so ive just had one of my players react bady to my teamtalk in the champions league semi final (we won one-nil at home but played poorly) and after the game i get the news item saying he felt I had made a few errors of judgement in my teamtalk which had done nothing to help the team......

fair enough, but why can I not then reply to him? or at the very least fine him for being a whining little ......

Yeah I got one of those too. Apparently leading 3-0 and then almost wasting the whole thing by letting them take over and reduce to 3-2 is an exceptional performance at home vs a team placed 19th in League One. I said nothing and 4-5 players were angered, one of them went to the media because apparently he was "unsettled".

Which is strange since he was injured for two months and just returned to fitness, he has played two-three matches this season, two of them as a substitute. Makes we wonder maybe FM doesn't recognize that he has been injured...

ok so ive just had one of my players react bady to my teamtalk in the champions league semi final (we won one-nil at home but played poorly) and after the game i get the news item saying he felt I had made a few errors of judgement in my teamtalk which had done nothing to help the team......

fair enough, but why can I not then reply to him? or at the very least fine him for being a whining little ......

If anything, you shouldn't be saying nothing, you should be letting them know that they did rubbish.

I had David Villa be like this with me once and saying he wanted to move clubs, but I just praised him over 2 games and all was forgotten. To be honest, the game is realistic, because all footballers cry nowadays when things don't go their way.

If anything, you shouldn't be saying nothing, you should be letting them know that they did rubbish.

I had David Villa be like this with me once and saying he wanted to move clubs, but I just praised him over 2 games and all was forgotten. To be honest, the game is realistic, because all footballers cry nowadays when things don't go their way.

I didnt say nothing, i told them we were lucky and would have to raise our game next time out!

Yeah I got one of those too. Apparently leading 3-0 and then almost wasting the whole thing by letting them take over and reduce to 3-2 is an exceptional performance at home vs a team placed 19th in League One. I said nothing and 4-5 players were angered, one of them went to the media because apparently he was "unsettled".

Which is strange since he was injured for two months and just returned to fitness, he has played two-three matches this season, two of them as a substitute. Makes we wonder maybe FM doesn't recognize that he has been injured...

Sorry, I misread what you had said. I don't know where I got that from lol...

probably there :D

Archived