Selling players

I am finding it hard to sell players. I have a couple of first team players that I want to get rid of or various reasons but clubs aren't interested even though I'm offering them out below their asking price. I also have reserve players that just aren't good enough but obviously I want tor recoup some of their value but these are quite high for their stats and therefore the clubs that I would think would want them, Championship etc. can't afford them. Anyone else having problems??

The only way to get rid of the dead wood I have found is to transfer list them, list them for loan, set as not needed by the club and their value at £0. By doing this clubs will be more likely to become interested. Continue the game then see if clubs have become interested. If there a lot of clubs now interested offer him away for his value or maybe a bit more, if there are only a couple interested offer him away for a bit below their value and if no-one is interested offer him for £0 with maybe a sell on %. If no-one still offer just offer him mutual termination and hope the compensation isn't too much (only if you're worried about wage bill).

This has worked in every FM so far although I haven't been able to try this in FM 2012 as I only have 1 save as Woking. If they're not good enough for me, they won't be good enough for anyone else.

Archived