Dramatic league reputation drop

I´m playing as Cork City an irish team. Well I managed to promote them to the top irish division and after a while I´ve started to dominate the league, buy great players and reach group stage of Champions League. I won everything and did pretty well in three years in a row.

But, my reputation is dropping. I was the top club in Ireland, but surprisingly, after my best season Cork became the second one. Strange, but OK, no problem about that.

The problem is that the irish league is dropping positions in the european ranking as h*ll. Three seasons ago the league was in the 66 spot, two seasons ago in the 88 spot, and this season, with me reaching CL groups and with more teams becoming Pro, the league is the spot number 121.

This is really stupid. I mean, teams becoming Pro, better players in the league, even one team that reaches CL groups, and the price for all of this is to get behind lithuanian league.

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...
My team reputation is also going down. I was the first team in terms of reputation in Ireland and now im the third one even when I´m winning everything.
Had this problem with the SPL. Posted it here also. Reached last 16 of CL with Aberdeen and the league's reputation went down the toilet. The Austrian FA Cup moved above us. Bizarre and yes, very possibly a bug.

I wouldn't have thought European performances make any difference to league rep.

European performances = co-efficients = entry into European competition

Quality of league/teams/players and maybe some other things = League rep

Two totally different things.

Why? The other teams are following me. I mean, they are also becoming pro, and buying great players. In fact, Shamrock Rovers stole one of my best players paying 725.000 euros.

And why my reputation drop behind Shamrock´s one? Because of this sale?

Did they win the All Ireland Cup? There is a bug with prize money in that competition, and I think it might have a big effect on reputation as well, as I had a situation similar to yours.

Sounds pretty much like what's happening to me. I've dominated the Swedish premier league 7 straight seasons, gone through to the first knock-out round of the Champions league 4 straight years, etc. AIK (who has been knocked out before the group stages of the Europa league 4 years in a row and has finished 2-4 in the league the same years) have passed me in rep, and the Swedish premier league has still a really low rep. Not sure if it's actually decreased though... Sounds like a bug to me.

I wouldn't have thought European performances make any difference to league rep.

European performances = co-efficients = entry into European competition

Quality of league/teams/players and maybe some other things = League rep

Two totally different things.

Agreed. But what spectacular thing happened in the Austrian FA Cup (Austria not being a loaded nation) that sprung it up in terms of reputation above the SPL? There's no reasoning given for what makes a league or competition increase or decrease in reputation. What factors into a league being more respected and having a better reputation?

1. Success in Europe.

2. Quality of players in the competition.

3. Overall quality of the teams playing in the competition.

4. Reputation of the teams in the competition.

That's the four most fundamental things that affect competition reputation, right?

So I performed well in Europe, brought bigger name players to the league (as other teams did too, therefore increasing the overall quality of those teams) and my own club's reputation rocketed following my good performance in Europe.

It must have been one helluvan Austrian Cup final. That's all I can say.

Agreed. But what spectacular thing happened in the Austrian FA Cup (Austria not being a loaded nation) that sprung it up in terms of reputation above the SPL? There's no reasoning given for what makes a league or competition increase or decrease in reputation. What factors into a league being more respected and having a better reputation?

1. Success in Europe.

2. Quality of players in the competition.

3. Overall quality of the teams playing in the competition.

4. Reputation of the teams in the competition.

That's the four most fundamental things that affect competition reputation, right?

So I performed well in Europe, brought bigger name players to the league (as other teams did too, therefore increasing the overall quality of those teams) and my own club's reputation rocketed following my good performance in Europe.

It must have been one helluvan Austrian Cup final. That's all I can say.

I don't know for sure but I'll say it again - I don't believe success in Europe makes any difference to competition rep (Although there is perhaps a knock on effect through team rep).

If you asked me to guess I would say competition rep is made up of a mixture of team rep for that division & the player rep of their first team players.

The conclusion is that those leagues are "unplayable" in long term games? I can´t make any progress if all of my players want to leave. I´m earning loads of money because of forced sells, but it´s a waste of money because of dividends.

#18 The problem is that I´m not just below Shamrock, even Sligo has surpassed me in terms of reputation... Not because of their reputation skyrocketing, just because my reputation is dropping like h*ll.

I think that at least I´ve found why my team was dropping reputation so hard. Extracted from the latest changelog:

- Stopped transfers having too big an impact on minor club's reputation.

I´ve sell lots of good old players that are replaced by young and unknown stars. Most of these transfers have been between me and my rivals, so that´s the reason that lies behind my dramatic reputation drop and the rise of the others.

I´ll still have to test what´s going on with league reputation.

Archived