Midfield Problem

I am in February in my first season with Man Utd. 3rd in league behind Spurs and Chelsea. In the final of the league cup and got Real Madrid in 1st Knockout round of CL. I feel like the reason I haven't done well in the league is the Midfield. My usual starting 4 is Nani, Fletcher, Giggs and Young.

My problem is it lacks any flair in the centre. I have loaned Thiago from Barcelona who is looking good, but can he fill in permanently? I have sold Anderson, am trying to sell Carrick also. Giggs is 38 and is likely to play a backup role until he becomes a coach.

I signed Kagawa from Dortmund as my marquee signing, but he has been a flop and is averaging at a 6.22 for games played. Cleverley is not good enough in my opinion to be the driving creative force in the centre. Does anyone think I should go all out for Thiago in the summer or get someone like Schweinsteiger? I need to know really who blossoms into top creative midfielders so I can completely revamp my midfield at the end of the season.

Thanks

Tom is essentially correct.

Kagawa has probably failed because you're playing him in central midfield. As an AMC he's one of the best around.

Selling Anderson might not have been a good idea as he is a very good passer.

Archived